B15 Sentra Forum banner

Dyno Results

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  DarKsiDe_SE 
#1 ·
well, i got some $hitty results(maybe) with my mods(header,CAI,pulley).

tested in 3rd gear @75.6 F
Max power =136.3
Max torque =131.2

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

#3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
well, i got some $hitty results(maybe) with my mods(header,CAI,pulley).

tested in 3rd gear @75.6 F
Max power =136.3
Max torque =131.2

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Josh, these results aren't bad man. I thought that SCC did a dyno on the stock and came out around 125 for Max Power. 131 for Max Torque at the wheels isn't bad at all. Rated is 136, so you're definitely pulling more than rated. :) Good job bro!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

#4 ·
well, i went expecting better bcuz Nismo619 got 139/129 on the same dyno last October. He had a warm air intake, straight thru muffler, header, and timing @19 running 92 octane. Ive got stock timing, header, pulley, and cai. ??? Nobody had any suggestions, they were also rushing cuz I was one of the last to get dynod.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

#5 ·
I would actually expect a little bit more with the CAI and the header. Maybe the exhaust is your bottleneck. With the Hotshot header, you're removing one of the cats so it should free up airflow a LOT. Now the stock 1.75" piping may not be able to fart fast enough to take advantage of the increased airflow at the front end. Just a thought.

#6 ·
bump your timing and toss in some good gas. Those results aren't bad. I know of a few bolt on se-r's with cams that are laying down about 142 to the wheels.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

#7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
I would actually expect a little bit more with the CAI and the header. Maybe the exhaust is your bottleneck. With the Hotshot header, you're removing one of the cats so it should free up airflow a LOT. Now the stock 1.75" piping may not be able to fart fast enough to take advantage of the increased airflow at the front end. Just a thought.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like what John says here. You'd definitely need to look into an exhaust system that you'd like. I would think that this would have good effects with your current setup. I'm working towards the CAI, Header, Exhaust, Pulley Combo. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

#8 ·
thats why!...you got stock timing. it makes a hell of a difference. theres this guy in serca hawaii, alex shu, he has a 99 se. he went to the tracks with the dealer plates still on. all he did was rip out the air filter and bump up the timing, he ran 15.5! all stock. in hawaii average time would be about mid 16s.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

#9 ·
Hey Dark, bump up that timing, put in the good gas, and get the exhaust. After I looked closely at my dyno charts I realized I gained 3 hp from the timing alone!(even though my dyno runs were very disappointing) Couple an exhaust with your free flowing engine(CAI and Header)w/ adv. timing and you will see the results you wanted to see. later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

#10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, im gonna bump the timing up to 17 degrees on 92 octane and save up for that Stromung exhaust(thanks turbotax) and dyno next month @powerhousemotorsports.
just FYI, the run was also done on 15" K-1's wrappd in nittos(medicore-nt450 ;)

also, i got a $hitload of pics, some awesome b13's, b14's, a 240, some SI's(gasps) and a lude.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited April 01, 2001).]

#11 ·
those numbers dont look bad.... i sure its faster than what i would put out......dont worry.... srew the numbers.... its all about how you do in a true run... and I know you car is fast with those mods..... take your ride to the runs.... and you'll see how fast you truely are! ;)

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.