B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I dynoed my 2000 Sentra SE automatic today. I left the POP on for all runs(didn't feel like taking it off) I did 2 runs at 17deg timing and 2 at 15deg. My best run had a Max Power of 113 @ 5800 rpm with Max Torque of 116 @ 4400 rpm. I'm dissapointed but not too suprised(I knew the auto would eat more hp). Here's the strange part....around 4300-4500 there was some hesitation. The tach would be climbing right along then it would kinda sit still for a second then climb again! This happened on all runs right after the peak in Torque! Also the prm it happened at dropped when we put the timing back at 15. any ideas?later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

G

·
That still isn't bad though. I wouldn't have expected that much disparity between the manual and auto though. The stock 5 spds. seem to be around 125HP, right? That is strange that the car had that midrange hesitation.

I was supposed to have had my car dyno'd today. My local car club did a dyno day today. Unfortunetly, because of my intake problems, I didn't run.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI (hey, maybe the 3rd one will fit!)

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, do autos make the power at lower rpm? My peak was around 5800, I thought it would peak at 6400? Oh well, I'm not worried.later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
run 1 = 17deg.------113hp and 116tq(hesitation @ 4500)
run 2 = 17deg.------110hp and 116tq(hesitation @ 4500)
run 3 = 15deg.------111hp and 113tq(hesitation @ 4300)
run 4 = 15deg.------110hp and 109tq(hesitation @ 3700)

I will try to find a scanner so I can post the charts.latr

------------------

[This message has been edited by nismo00 (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Wait a minute. Is that your car in the video that NoVTECSER posted in the technical section? Damn, the loss of power from manual to auto is disappointing...

But the hesitation... wtf? Sorry man, I have no idea what could be causing that. Do you notice it on the road too?

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
whered you go to get your ride dyno'd?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, that is my car on the video. It was at the Performance Garage in Nashville TN. And yes I do run 92 octane. Oh and I do notice the hesitation on the road, when OD is off and I have it to the floor it hesitates around 4500 RPM.later

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts