B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has been talking about the new Maximas so I asked her if she wanted to go look at one today, on the condition that we would test drive a six speed and I would drive! :) We went to cityline Nissan and after a few minutes the salesman pulled out a red six speed SE, and we were off!

I didn't beat on the car (Even though it was a demo with 4K on the odometer) because I just felt lucky to be driving one. Shifting at 3K RPM the car got me to where I needed to go with little effort, The highest I took it was about 4K RPM and you coul tell the power spanned from all across the rev band.

Swinging it around curves was cool, but a bit awakward since I am used to driving little Sentras. It felt tight with only the slightest amount of roll (It wasn't a big curve and I wasn't going to fast).

The shifter was toy liek to say the least. I had to double check a few times to make sure I was in first gear because there was not click that my Sentra gives me.

Overall it's a sweet car, and it would make a great daily driver!

·
Registered
667 Posts
You mean to tell us that you had the opportunity to drive a 250+ horsepower car, and you BABIED it??? (I'm shaking my head!!) I think you need to get a "Second opinion" and get back to us. Or let your mom drive it, and let her tell us what she thinks!!

·
Hater
907 Posts
Heck, I'd probably baby it too. There's that whole "I don't want to wreck this 30k car that isn't mine" factor, too. Heck, I turned down a chance to drive a two-oh-oh-one Mercedes S430 up a windy country road for that very reason(well, actually it was 75 reasons instead of 30 reasons) but the principle was the same. :)

Have y'all not heard any testdrive horror stories? I remember one time on clubrsx this one guy said he testdrove a wrx and the guy pushed too hard and something leaked out of the awd system, caused some of the wheels to lock-up and sent the tester and the salesman doing spiraling donuts at 80+mph on a narrow highway. Sure it wasn't his fault, but pushing an unfamiliar car to the limits can get ugly, and I'd rather not be that brotha. :)

So...you guys seriously flog the heck out of every car you test? Even family sedans? Even with the salesman in the car?

·
Registered
929 Posts
lol. when i went to buy my spec-v in feb 02.....only the third car dealorship i wwnt to let me test drive one. they are like this car has SO MUCH PERFORMANCE, that were afraid to let people drive it. lol and i guess they thought i wasnt serious or somethin

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
When I was shopping for a 300ZX, me and my friend test drove a mint '95 N/A 300ZX......it was green with t-tops.

Well, I was pretty much sold on the car, until my friend Ryan decided to take it for a spin. He gave it a bit too much gas going around a corner, lost control, and hit BOTH curbs on BOTH sides of the car, bending the frame, and totaling the car....

Sad day, indeed.

·
Registered
929 Posts
damn. i would love to test drive a mint stock everything turbo supra. just cause i think its a car that mixes looks with performance better than any other car in the 90's

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
damn that sucks,
ragged new car list:

Audi A3 BMW 330ci
VW 20th annveristy GTI
VW GTI VR6
Honda Accord V6, 6 speed
WRX
Spec V
and the list goes on, but those cars where my favorite cause i had friends at the dealerships, and i got to do what i want, needless to say, the VR6 is back for warrenty work already 250 deep...lol yeah eyah

·
Registered
786 Posts
When I bought my Car (the one I own now, not the one I totalled @ 5000 miles).. I knew WAY more about it than the kid selling it to me did (since Id already owned one before).. so he was like "How do they drive?"
Im like.. huh, you dont know?!
So, we went for a ride.. found an empty parking lot, and I pulled a couple of hairpin autocross style turns.
He seemed scared..... weirdest thing :confused:

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car wasn't mine, so out of respect to the dealership and the future owners I didn't beat the crap out of it. Besides I didn't need to beat on the car to enjoy it. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want to buy a car that has been beat on by countless people (God know what happened to the car the other 4,000 miles)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts