B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about ordering the K & N Drop-in Air Filter from courtesyparts.com. you guys think its worth it? i want to get a little more hp w/o spending a whole lot of money.

G

·
I wouldn't expect much. Considering the POP intake from JWT/STillen only provides around 3 or so HP, I can't imagine a drop in doing much for you. The benefit will be that it is a reusable element. It will be the last one you'll ever buy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Cough....SEARCH....Cough

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
guy_geo said:
Cough....SEARCH....Cough
You ok???Here's a tissue...Also take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning:D J/K:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry, but somebody already made that COUGH joke to me on another topic, it was related to the headers....

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I suppose if you combine the drop-in filter with the "free filter mod" you'd get a small increase. If you plan on keeping the resonator and bottom of the airbox as it comes stock, maxximtl is right- the only benefit is the reuseability. It might add a slight low growl at WOT, too... I'd save up the $$ for the CAI- you'll feel the difference. Or if you're handy, you could easily add a cone filter to the stock air plumbing, and then you'd have it for later when you make it a cold filter. Oh- the PR CAI is WAY easier to install than all the write-ups you've read lead you to believe. I'm working with them right now on a new template and bracket for the CAI- it does'nt really even require cutting the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'm goin to have to wait a while and see how much $$$ i can save up. probably not much with the way i spend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts