B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Nismo CAI and Greddy EVO2 ehxaust and am really happy with the performance of my specv, but what I am concerned/confused about is, is modding this engine really worth it? I know subjects like this have been discussed, but I mean I have been looking at different posted 1/4 mile times and I dont see a real pattern. I mean I know you have to figure in the driver, but I see that Laloosh is posting a 1/4 mile time or around 14.2 with all bolt ons, right? And then I see guys with the same basic mods running 15.2... that is a pretty big jump for the same mods, am I right? I see guys with nothing run 15.1, and then guys with i/h/e run 15.2... So is it just that this car is VERY touchy when driven? I know it takes a good driver to pull good times, but it just seems to me that putting all this money into performance may not really be worth it...for ex: headers: avg price $300 (I know you can get the cheaper headers for like $160) Cams: like $500-$600...plus the fact that none of the real HP gainers are CARB legal, so putting em in seems stupid out here when if some as2 cop pulls you over he can make you pop the hood and for you to go to the REF or pay like 327 bux to get out of it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well i guess it is all what ur really looking for. If you just want a nice sounding car but have some bite behind it then normal bolt ons seem worth it to me. I mean Thats all im doing to my car. I/H/E maybe pulleys and thats it. Nothing crazy but enough to turn my car into a fun driving machine. All in preferance.

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree its all preference...I just wish we could really compare some Dynos and see what real gains we are getting and compare them to others with the same to see what kind of pattern of HP advance we are getting

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Well, in CA it's too much of a hassle. If it's not C.A.R.B. approved, you need to find a "crooked" shop to get it to pass smog. Then you have to worry about roadside smogging by the CHP & fix it tickets & other stuff.

I like my little SE the way it is. The only thing that I want to do is make it handle even better. Some JIC FLT-A2 coilovers, polyurethane bushings all the way around, & sway bars should do the trick.

The Sentra is not much of a fast car anyways. You need to do some serious modding to make it fast. Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? :p

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well Considering that an SE with 126 WHP bone stock is said to run mid 15s you would think a spec would run high 14s to low 15s. It is alot on driver. I can pull a 10.3 in the 1/8 with Intake. I dont think that is all that bad but i know that i can prolly get it into low mid 9s with Headers and such. I agree we need to get some Dyno Sheets to see and compare because not all the sights have em ya'know?

·
( ´_>`)
529 Posts
there's always chassis tuning ;)

it does really depend on the driver. the first time i ran i had I/H/E the best i could do was 14.8 while my friend with only an intake ran a 14.9. i spent an extra $900 to beat him by .1 seconds.. bleh!!

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Not unless you get paid to mod... :(

·
Registered
869 Posts
I wish i was paid to mod my car....then it would be sitting on the Injured list right now...

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
You should only mod because you love the car, and you want to.
Having mods makes your car a little more individual, and perhaps more performance oriented (or a kick-***** stereo; whatever).
It's up to you.
Monetarily-wise, it's a total waste. Best case, you never get your monet back when re-selling. Worst case, it gets ripped off 'cause some jerk-off wanted it but didn't want to pay for it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I agree. My GF thinks i love my car more that her. Which is not true but man Before her my car was the only one that treated me right so i cant help but have some all nighters with her. But yea as previously stated its all on what you want to do with the car. I wanted to do a sleeper for a while. So i kept her stock visualy . But then i love the Audio part. So im working on a sweet stereo and some minor mods. yea itll cost me money but my car will be sweet. And i will know that everything done on that car was done by my own two hands. And in the end that is all the payment that i will need.

·
( ´_>`)
529 Posts
FadingOut said:
I agree. My GF thinks i love my car more that her. Which is not true but man Before her my car was the only one that treated me right so i cant help but have some all nighters with her...

you should tell here there are 2 kinds of love.. you have her for the personal.. and the car for material. then she'll be like.. "ohhhhh". and then proceed to sex you up. and maybe buy you a nice deck for your birthday ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
LoLz well i told her that i will stop modding my car if she stops Buying those
Louie Vaton(SP??) Bags.....she gazed at me for a bit...and then asked...so how much are you headers going to cost you?

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
FadingOut said:
Louie Vaton(SP??) Bags.....she gazed at me for a bit...and then asked...so how much are you headers going to cost you?

HAHA pwned!

·
( ´_>`)
529 Posts
FadingOut said:

hahah!! ::cracks whip::

·
Registered
869 Posts
LoLz!! Well someone has to do it! Im sure as hell not going to stop moding my car so we had to compromise.

·
Registered
869 Posts
What! I was not owned! LoLz! :rolleyes: Compromization! LoLz!! That is the Key to any relationship. She still can buy her bags and i get my mods lolz.

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
the question that really needs to be asked is

why do i feel the need to mod my car?
personally, i dont mod my car to go faster in the 1/4.
i dont mod my car so i can race other ppl.

i mod my car because i love my car. i enjoy driving it, and modding adds to the experience. either if its when im laying down rubber on an on-ramp or when i'm just going to work with my system blasting... the money and time i put into my car pays off in its own ways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts