B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
geezinondowntheroad
27,287 Posts
My 2002 SE-R back seat flips down after using the releases in the trunk.

·
OT Slut
7,380 Posts
baby GT-R said:
the se-rs had the 60/40 fold down option. the only spec v's that had them were the ones equipped with the r/f package.
that is pretty freakin stupid if you ask me. i wish mine folded down. i wonder how much id be looking at to swap it out. i mean the drill points must already be there for the release

·
Registered
197 Posts
baby GT-R said:
the se-rs had the 60/40 fold down option. the only spec v's that had them were the ones equipped with the r/f package.
Does this also apply to '06's?

·
Beer/Armored Core Junkie
1,437 Posts
it does for the 05's I cant fold mine down. I havent looked for the trunk release but the way it looks, there is one.

·
geezinondowntheroad
27,287 Posts
Now why would you Spec drivers want to make a funtodrive sporty car useful? I have the secondbest model, so it was intended for use transporting groceries & what not. ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I havent checked, But I dont have the RF package and if mine doesnt fold down, Thats BS! shame on nissan, they all should fold down....

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have an 03 - all I do is tilt my whole back seat forward or even take it out in a matter of seconds, either way with a little tinkering you can get it to work perfectly. and youll have that hole for bass flow.

·
Registered
426 Posts
well the 1.8S and SE-R has the 60/40 split standard. But with the RF package (which is also in the SE package) what's called the partial fold down rear seat. Meaning that you can fold down the driver side. Can't fold down the pass side becuase of the damn subwoofer. When I traded my se-r for my spec, my se-r had it and when I was transferring ym stuff into my spec, I saw that the seatback was all in 1 piece so I knew it didn't have it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You CAN fold down the side with the woofer. At least on mine. If you peel back the carpeting on the opposite wall of the trunk where the first fold down lever, there is a metal loop you can pull. This will allow you to fold down the other side of the 40% side of the 60/40 seat. I've found it comes in quite handy when i need to have my dog in the car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
^^^ Bingo

With the RF package, it appears as though you can only fold down the 60% (driver) side because only that side has a release knob in the trunk. However, as mentioned, the 40% (passenger) side can be folded down by reaching in behind the carpet (on that side of the trunk) and pulling on the metal loop that is just hanging there.

They just didn't bother installing a proper release knob because they assumed you wouldn't want to fold that side down due to the RF package's subuwoofer blocking that side of the pass-thru hole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^^ Bingo With the RF package, it appears as though you can only fold down the 60% (driver) side because only that side has a release knob in the trunk. However, as mentioned, the 40% (passenger) side can be folded down by reaching in behind the carpet (on that side of the trunk) and pulling on the metal loop that is just hanging there. They just didn't bother installing a proper release knob because they assumed you wouldn't want to fold that side down due to the RF package's subuwoofer blocking that side of the pass-thru hole.
That is awesome!!! I never would have found that!!! Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts