B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to disable the trunk open latch in the car? I want to have it so that the trunk can only open with a key. I figure if I forget to lock my door, at least the trunk is locked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
that way they won't be able to get your subs dawg.

there should be a cable that attaches to the latch just pop the trunk find it and unscrew it.

·
Mazda3 convert
701 Posts
yes, in the locking mechanism you should see a ball end cable coming in from the drivers side to the mechanism. Slide this ball end cable out of the channel it sits in and there you go. the channel that it slides in or out of should be on the forward side of the plate that holds the latching system. i am at school otherwise i would post pics for you.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
SR20dee said:
????
barbarians :p

by the trunk latch there is a slider that goes up and down.. that locks the trunk from the outside world..

I also have 2 words for you.. CROW BAR
It's an added peice of protection.. kinda hard to not notice someone wrenching on a trunk.. easier on a door or window since you can be smashed up next to another car or worse SUV.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
1SentraNotEnuff said:
bro. in my old car. They drove a crow bar into my key latch and Fu-bared the entire latch area. horrible.

If they want in, theyll get in.
never said they wouldn't. All I'm saying is it's an extra step.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
best thing you can do is NOT flaunt the fact you have an awesome stereo in your local area..

tint the windows..

bolt EVERYTHING DOWN.. and pray that the theif just wont vandilize it..

after all else fails. get renters or home owners insurance :D

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
SR20dee said:
best thing you can do is NOT flaunt the fact you have an awesome stereo in your local area..

tint the windows..

bolt EVERYTHING DOWN.. and pray that the theif just wont vandilize it..

after all else fails. get renters or home owners insurance :D
Trust me... I know this first hand, since my ish was broken into 20 ft from where my head lays.

·
Mazda3 convert
701 Posts
1SentraNotEnuff said:
just weld the trunk shut.. who needs a trunk anyways....
best statement yet :D

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
SR20dee said:
alarm go off?
The night my direct deposit went through was the paycheck I was gonna get an alarm in. :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cricket, can you post a few pics? I don't know what cable to unhook. I still want be able to unlock with my key so I don't want to make a mistake.

·
Rejisturd Youzer
510 Posts
Easiest way...

If you realy want to disable the trunk without even touching anything around it why dont you just pull the 10amp fuse in your fuse box, this way nothing mechanical has been done and you can just pop it back in when you need to. Know one would ever figure it out.

-gil-

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
for ppl with 02' spec and up, not sure about earlier models, but by the locking mechanism in the trunk, there's a latch. just push the latch down and now you can only get in with the key.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts