B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am a newbie, and I just bought a used 4th Generation Hotshot Header for my 2003 Spec V.

I was wondering what were the differences between the 4th and 5th generation of the HS header? (in terms of quality and performance?)

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if i just mod the header without intake and catback exhaust, would it still gain 10+ HP and torque? I have an MR axle back exhaust due to short in $.

I am looking to buy a used Nismo header for my spec V (as i say i am short in $) Would it increase the pwr a lot (with stock cat exhaust)??

I choose Nismo CAI because they offer the by-pass valve, as the area i live have quite a bit of snow in winter time and i believe that by-pass valve can gimme that peace of mind!

Any suggetion guys?

Thanx

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
I don't even think Hotshot get thru a 4th GEN QR25 header yet... they promised it for Chrismas no?

1st gen: 2 O2 sensors bung, longer downpipe and NO lower side bracket; Like this one:
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/images/HEADERQR25SMALL.jpg

2nd gen: 1 O2 sensor bung, longer downpipe and lower side bracket

3nd gen: 1 O2 sensor bung, longer primary tubing, shorter downpipe (closer to OEM width) and lower side bracket

Do I forgot anything?

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
All places should sell the LATEST GENERATION of the Hotshot at this time.

That picture on the JWT site is just not up to date but they sell the latest version just like everywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really, I thought Hotshot have up to 5th generation for the QR25 engine!!

So, do you know the difference in terms of quality and performance for the first 3 generations??

Also, as i posted in my second message, can you give some comment to the setup for my mod so far?

Thanks alot

·
Suffering From Boost Envy
725 Posts
itll give you its power but its gonna sound nasty with the stock exhaust. Bolt ons work together so each new mod will help the others. with CAI/exhaust/header itll be a new car. Greddy evo2 is a great exhaust of course im a lil biased

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the Evo2 exhaust, and I think it looks and sounds terrific. Deep tone, not too loud, the intake sounds louder above 5k, but it still sets alarms off at 2k :D . I haven't chosen a header yet, but I heard that the Evo2 doesn't sound raspy like others do with some headers. I cant think of anything negative to say about it, its a bit heavy and the box it came in was huge, but what else would you expect? hope that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts