B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its been a bit wet here in orlando recently and i was drivin around today and hit a huuuuuuge *** puddle (just installed my nismo cai last month) and and right afterwards my car wouldnt stalled, wouldnt rev up past 4k at all and died on me....after rolling to a stop on the side of the freeway, i restarted it a couple times and finally got it to idle proper (not rev past 4k though) and i drove home.....i let it sit and dry out in the parking garage for about 5 hours, then i try to leave my place this evening and it turns over and dies 3 times in a row before starting up and acting semi normal, but it wouldnt rev past 4k still.....i go out for the nite with my friend driving, and when im drivin home in my car it wont rev past 3k, and im wondering if i have finally killed my turd??? i didnt mean too actually, and figured with the "nissan warrantied bypass valve" i would be good to go thru a puddle despite my "nissan brand" lowering springs.....anyone had a similiar situation? my car is acting kinda like its in gimp mode, which would explain it all since i prolly got something under the hood wet electronic wise that needs to be dry...but im not sure.....id love to claim insurance and buy a real car.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
do this, sell it to a mexican landscape engineer (i used to work with them when i lived in orlando) and then buy a real car, he will think it is a great deal but you have to sell cash and keep the title =P

·
Registered
349 Posts
dude, you fried your MAF due to water exposure IMO, this happened to a friend of mine, the ecu cant tell how much air its getting, so it goes into gimp mode.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
japin said:
do this, sell it to a mexican landscape engineer (i used to work with them when i lived in orlando) and then buy a real car, he will think it is a great deal but you have to sell cash and keep the title =P
hahahaha.....beats my convincing a puerto rican its a skyline gtr plan... :cool:

·
///N Power
577 Posts
wtf is "gimp" mode, I thought it was limp mode.

Its very likely that you shorted your Maf, it doesnt take much to do that... you need to find a donar car and test that part since its an easily installed item first. If its that, there goes 300.00 ducats.

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
Did it throw a SES???

How Deep was the puddle or was it a lake???

Did you check the filter on the CAI to see if it was saturated???

Have you checked to see if your bypass opens properly???

What did you have for breakfast???

Is it true that if a tree falls in the forrest and no one is around that it makes a sound???

·
Registered
349 Posts
009 -2.0 SE- said:
Did it throw a SES???

Is it true that if a tree falls in the forrest and no one is around that it makes a sound???
LOL! nice. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
009 -2.0 SE- said:
Did it throw a SES???

i had a ses light already on for a tps malfunction
puddle was prolly a foot deep
the filter was wet, and so was the foam bypass thing
had a bagel for breakfast

:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
claw said:
hahahaha.....beats my convincing a puerto rican its a skyline gtr plan... :cool:
How about you explain to me wtf is that supposed to mean. I'm Puerto Rican.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I hope so, its not that big of a deal. I just don't appreciate it.

Good luck with the Sentra. Fix it ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Me too, me too. :D

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
If you can I would suggest having your codes read. Most prob. a MAF malfunction but I'm guessing you sucked some water into the head as well. Your best bet is to have it taken to a shop. I don't even know that trying to limp it to one would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
this thread is just ummm *** wow :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts