B15 Sentra Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
I meant you but thanks for the info from other detailers. Have you ever used a boar's hair brush? I have for the past 7 years and NEVER had any scratches because of it. It allows the dirt and crap to "flow" up into the bristles until you pass it through the rinse bucket. It doesn't hold the dirt next to the car's surface like some mitts, sponges, or cloths will. Another advantage is the bristles get down into cracks and crevices and around trim alot better than any of the other methods. I'm not trying to be a boar's hair brush nazi, but unless you tried one, you won't know how well they actually work. My most humble $.02

· Registered
469 Posts
shortyb said:
I meant you but thanks for the info from other detailers. Have you ever used a boar's hair brush? I have for the past 7 years and NEVER had any scratches because of it. It allows the dirt and crap to "flow" up into the bristles until you pass it through the rinse bucket. It doesn't hold the dirt next to the car's surface like some mitts, sponges, or cloths will. Another advantage is the bristles get down into cracks and crevices and around trim alot better than any of the other methods. I'm not trying to be a boar's hair brush nazi, but unless you tried one, you won't know how well they actually work. My most humble $.02
Yeah I guess your right. I have never tried it but I don't think I could ever make myself use a brush on my car.

What color car do you have?

· Registered
539 Posts
Same as yours, Cloud White. But I've used it on just about every other color including black and had the same results.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
wturri78 said:
That link is great! Some of those products aren't all that expensive. I've known people to have long-term problems using Armor All on the interior, and the dressing doesn't seem to last. I know a guy who gets his Civic Si professionally detailed every year, and his interior vinyl stays new-looking for most of a year. I asked a guy at Ziebart this weekend what products they use, and he looked insulted when I mentioned Armor All :) He recommended that same above link, and said "If you can buy it at K-Mart, don't use it on your car." Extreme maybe, but I'd pony up for the pro stuff personally.

Any opinions on the BEST stuff to use to make tires black again? I used Turtle Wax Tire Wax last year, and it looked great...for about 3 days. In dealerships you can run your finger across the tires on a showroom car, and your finger will come away black. Anyone know what that is?
I use this purple stuff from Meguiars on my tires. Not sure what it is called, I ahve it at home and I'm at work, but it smells like grapes. Works great. We had rain storms for two weeks out here and my tires stayed black.

· Registered
539 Posts
The Meguiers purple stuff is called Endurance and like its name says, lasts pretty long. I'm currently using Griots Garage Vinyl and Rubber Dressing. Lasts pretty well, no silicone, and not that fake shiny look either. Just a nice satin sheen. Whatever dressing you decide to use, you should clean the rubber first. This keeps the tires from looking all splotchy when you put on protectant/dressing. I'm using P21S now. Found out by accident how well it works when I got some on the tires from cleaning the wheels. Made a nasty brown/green residue that rinsed right off. I suspect that was dead rubber and old dressing coming off because the tires looked very clean but dull. Quick shot of the dressing fixed that right up. Alot of what the dealers use is silicone based and very greasy. Washes off fairly quickly and from what I've heard, is not very good for the rubber if used constantly.

· Registered
4 Posts
Arite people... let's have your secrets.... what do you use to detail your beautiful B15's?
My cleaning secret is simple - I clean almost the entire car with steam and I don't need to use a lot of chemicals, and steam leaves almost no traces of water on the fabric. I was also lucky to find instructions Best car cleaning steamer | How to choose auto detailing steamer for using car detailing steam cleaner from detailing professionals. They also write here that disinfection can be done by steam - I'll try tomorrow.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts