B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brand new stromung catback came today, all the piping is in perfect condition, except the muffler...

it has a nice dent in the left side between the 2 hangers (closer to the tips). if someone would like to host pics i can send them and have them be posted.

i already left a msg with scott at stromung to get back to me (probably monday being too late now), but what should i do? send it back and get a new muffler, or is the dent not worth the trouble (again, pics would show)

thanks

--adam--

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would send it back. I mean U paid for it so u have the right to the perfect product. Im sure the ad did not referance anything about a "Stylish Dent"

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, im sure i will..just wanted to get some input.

customsentra1...sent the pic, thanks man

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, its probably about an 1/8-1/16th of an inch deep with 2 scratches where something must have hit it, you can kinda see the scratches in the pic

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea defenetly send it back. Stylish dent or not! U payed ur money.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like the way you put it tho, def made me laugh...."stylish dent", hah hah hah

·
Registered
869 Posts
LoL thanks man, Its all about putting things in perspective!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
yeah.. that's not acceptable. I say let you eff up your muffler, not the manufacturer, or shipping company.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i would also send it back but i would check and see if the box had any damage int hat area of where it was..and if it didnt i would make sure there was when you send it back ...lol or just send it back legit.. its your call..hehe

·
Team NISMO Coordinator
1,247 Posts
yea.. i would talk to both Stromung or the shipping company and see if there was any insurance or any kind of protection plan that would pay for such damages...

CC

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, the box was fine, i checked...the wrapping around the muffler, i see EXACTLY where something was rubbing/pushed/banged...it definitely was part of another pipe (as far as i know)

im sure there wont be a problem, i guess ill find out on monday when he gets back to me. thanks for the support, lol. damn pain in the @ss, now i gotta wait longer, a new toy comes and now i have to be MORE patient, oh well, its how it goes!

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
My Stromung resonator had a nice dent in it when I got it, but I didn't care since it didn't mess it up functionally and it's not very visible unless you crawl under the car.

With a muffler though...that's what you want all the homeys to check out, your nice shiny undented muffler. That and it alone costs over $300. I'm confident Scott will ship you another one, if anything us b15 owners have given him plenty of business and he has consistently shown us excellent service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts