B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gauges keep going from on to off periodically while driving, pain in the ***. my mechanic said that i might need a whole new console but that nissan will have to put it in. He said if I maybe complain enough that they might do it for free, everyone knows about this problem. thing is, i bought this car from a used dealership. its still unde the 60,000 power train warranty. so what do you guys think?If i ***** enough, will they cut me a break or something?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Guages

Soory dude-Your dead, unless you have a "Goodwill" connection at the dealership. Powertrain is 5/60-the rest is 3/36 :( .

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I can't imagine doing it for free. But I also can't imagine replacing the "console"-whatever that is.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The speedo cluster is really common on our cars. They have bad solder points on the board. I HATE ordering them for people in my dealership!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jasondt2001 said:
The speedo cluster is really common on our cars. They have bad solder points on the board. I HATE ordering them for people in my dealership!!
If its just poor solder, is it possible to redo them or is it unreasonably difficult to do?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldnt attempt it, it's a board with traces and the traces are what's bad. Finding which trace it is on that board would be a nightmare by itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts