B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first week I banged a tv against the dash and it put 2 small indentations in it. It is the piece right above the glovebox and nissan said I needed to replace the whole dash(500 bucks). To me it looks like the piece should be easily replaced which would be great. Its one of those things nobody notices but it drives me crazy. I tried to get it replaced under warranty but the wouldn't do it.

I am pretty sure that all se's have the same interior blue color. If anyone has one of these parts laying around for some reason(all of you who have been in accidents and the air bag went off, might be able to help me out.

Also I am not sure that it does come off at all, maybe nissan was right and you need to replace dash.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and the part would rule if someone had an extra. I'll pay if need be!!!

Thanks all, Tom

·
Registered
0 Posts
sierra248 said:
The first week I banged a tv against the dash and it put 2 small indentations in it. It is the piece right above the glovebox and nissan said I needed to replace the whole dash(500 bucks). To me it looks like the piece should be easily replaced which would be great. Its one of those things nobody notices but it drives me crazy. I tried to get it replaced under warranty but the wouldn't do it.

I am pretty sure that all se's have the same interior blue color. If anyone has one of these parts laying around for some reason(all of you who have been in accidents and the air bag went off, might be able to help me out.

Also I am not sure that it does come off at all, maybe nissan was right and you need to replace dash.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and the part would rule if someone had an extra. I'll pay if need be!!!

Thanks all, Tom
Where you live? If you live in Jersey area..I might be able to get ya hookups on customize carbon fiber dash. My buddy's uncle can make carbon fiber stuff and he can do it cheap

Jeff-

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
not sentra related but check this dash out

completely made of carbon fiber for only $2000

[Edited by DarKsiDe_SE on 05-07-2001 at 01:54 AM]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Someone scratched the exact same area in my car.
I have to agree... it looks like you should be
able to replace just that piece. Time to check the
ESM again... I'll let you know.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jeez, Darkside - that thing is tight! Too bad it costs more than my car is worth...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That is a sweet looking dash but for $2000 that's a bit pricey...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts