B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left my keys in the car, passenger decides to raise windows from outside (door opened) but instead hits the door lock button, then slams the door [email protected]$#^%!!!

More than once, passengers keeps pressing the door lock instead of window button and I kept hearing this click, thump, click...thank goodness they haven't burnt out any circuits yet!!

G

·
I agree with you on that one. The door lock switch looks a lot like a typical window switch. They really should have put it on the vertical part of the door, so that confusion wouldn't happen. BTW, why does the passenger need the capability to lock and unlock ALL the doors? Doesn't make sense to me. Must be some new Safety regulation.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll add one thing though....I like the fact that you can't lock the doors with the key in the ignition while the door is open. I think I've locked my keys once or twice in other cars.

·
Super Moderator
8,874 Posts
Yes, being able to not lock the cars in the car while it's running is cool. I've gotten myself into the habit of only locking the doors with the keyfob; that way I'm assured of having the keys with me. If there still in the car, I can't lock the doors.

As for the passenger's ability to lock and unlock all the doors, I assume its because Mom and Dad ride up front, and the kids are in the back. Both Mom and Dad should be able to lock/unlock all the doors.

G

·
Here is a neat little fact. While most people think the 2000 and 2001 one Sentra's are indentical, there are a couple differences.

One of these differences is that the 2001 only has ONE exterior key lock (on the drivers door only.) The 2000 has two exterior door locks (driver and passenger doors.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts