B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one tell me how to over ride this. I was Burning the Highway and everytime it redlined, the rev limiter kicked in and slowed me down. I can't stand it! Help me out!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Sorry bro but you'll have to wait for an ECU to come out.......

G

·
Don't Hold Your Breath

I had a long conversation with Ben at JWT today. By reading between the lines, I got the impression that they aren't concerned about the 98--2001 Sentra ECU's. Because the '97 ECU can be used on those cars, and with the new Se-r coming out they just have other priorities. Ben was much happier discussing a conversion for using the 1997 ECU WITHOUT CUTTING WIRES, than their development of a B15 ECU. I am almost beginning to think that they will not be making one. Ben's specific words were next year probably. He was very hesitant to say whether they were even working on it or not. I suspect that they are not.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Thats kind of amusing. Last time I talked to Ben he was a little bit hesitant about running the '97 ecu on the '00. Well either way we still have that option and it will work so we can't feel that bad. I do know the '98 '99 and the later model g20s are still ahead of us at the very least. That is probably why he was hesitant.

The good news is that if the new se-r jumps ahead of us it may be easier for them to figure out the '98 '99 '00 ecus.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
i really want to run that ecu.... and soon

how much do they run???
I got quoted for a 95 GXE at 600 bucks from JWT.

Also, I've never hit the rev limiter..yet. I think I'm just chicken ****. :p

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
You can also raise your rev limiter with a new ignition. MSD makes some good ignitions and they are not to expensive.

·
Registered
940 Posts
that web link is for a maxima!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts