B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last monday I received cwepruk's MM inserts and got them installed the same day.

First I would like to thank Corey for making this much needed mod item. The inserts are as good as the ones made by ES for the sr20de motor! Thumbs up Corey.

2nd, installation was really easy. About 45 minutes. A breaker bar will make the intall a lot easier. Also masking tape to hold washers in place is highly recommended!

3rd, I have been driving the car for 3 days now and here is the report card:

Vibrations are very noticable at IDLE only. It can be felt in the seat, dash and steering. Once the RPM goes above 900 the car becomes very smooth. Once the car is moving I did not feel any increased vibrations all the way to redline. With AC on, it really shakes, but only at idle.

Now on to the good stuff. Wheel hop is all but gone! I have launched the car really hard and all I got was sweet wheel spin. No more axle breaking hop. Also SHIFTING has improved drastically. The shifter is not vague and sloppy anymore. All throws are firm and consistant since the motor is not tugging on the shifter cables anymore. Note: I am talking about "transitions" not gear mesh.

If you love performance driving and do not care about increased vibrations at idle, then this mod is for you!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
does this void ur warranty?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
yeah u know how dealerships can be dick thas why i was asking...
but coo

·
:)
290 Posts
Its a completely 100% removable mod... If something were to break, all you would have to do is take the inserts out and back to the dealer you go.

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
I just got mine yesterday and will try to install on Saturday before going to autocross! Thanks Corey, looks like a very quality product, including the directions. I'll post my findings when I'm done, but I'm sure I will get the same results. Can't wait!

·
Registered
170 Posts
any body with complete details on how these things work?
I am new to this. How many pieces does it come with?
I was mentioning this to my friend ......he has inserts in his civic..and he said something about putting only 2 side ones on.....leaving out....1 or 2 piece so his vibrations are barely noticeable....and although performance is not improved as much as it would with all pieces installed....its still "good enough"

does this apply to our cars too or only to civics....or is my friend BSing all together

·
:)
290 Posts
They basically sit on both side of the motor mounts, filling in the hols in the motor mounts. There are 2 sets of mount that comes in the kit. One for the front mount and one for the rear.

All you need to do to install them is support the engine with a jack, remove the lower crossmember and stuff the inserts into the old mounts. THe mod is completely removable and stiffends up the mounts quite well. They wont be as stiff as they would if you went ahead and filled them or got the concrete mounts that yaparap or place racing sells.

For the price, you just cant beat these.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Vibrations decrease within time. As cwepruk, I almost don't feel them anymore because they soften with time but also because I get used to it I guess!

·
Registered
713 Posts
angel2167882 said:
Vibrations decrease within time. As cwepruk, I almost don't feel them anymore because they soften with time but also because I get used to it I guess!
I think we are getting used to it...my buddy got in the car last night and asked what all the vibration was about :) I didn't even realize it.
I will always give two thumbs up on Coreys inserts...I looked under the car last weekend...to check them out...about a month or so and they look as new as the day I installed them....excellent quality....excellent product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts