B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's payday this Thursday, and I'm going to be plunking down some cash for an upgrade to my stock SE. At first it was going to be the Sportlines, but after reading into it, I want to wait for shocks to come out for our car. Instead, I'm going to go for the intake.

I have been reading the posts about the PR CAI, and how you need to enlarge the hole where it sits. Now, Spicez (sorry, don't know your uppercase/lowercase :) ) had a custom CAI done, and I'd like to know the benefits/hazards of doing so, and also the price difference. This seems like a good idea, considering there is no modification of your stock parts involved (right pipe diameter).

Also, I was going to have a custom dual exhaust created for my car, then I read about backpressure, and the loss of torque that can occur if you remove too much. However, I was reading up on exhaust systems, and skimmed over something that talked about creating backpressure in a system. In theory, could I have a custom dual exhaust created, have the most output possible with this, but also build in a good amount of backpressure? I am very inexperienced with the workings of a car, and I'm just learning, so go easy on me.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
custom can be cheaper depending on what materials you use and how much you can do yourself. i made my first one with 3" dia. mandrel bent U joint from jc whitney. worked rather well.

as far as dual exhaust, can't say i like the idea but to each his own i guess. you can make a dual pipe exhaust "looking" system with a splitter muffler where the stock resonator is. then just run two pipes off that. it has one inlet and 2 outlets. you will mre than likely want to decrease the size of the piping to like 1 3/4 or so after the splitter, unless the splitter itself creates backpressure. personally, i would run from that like a KKK member at a Public enemy concert, but that's just me. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts