B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wassup Gene, hey check this out I finally made my custom billet grill, and I used the hot gun glue, but everytime that I drive above 65mph the glue starts coming off whats up with that. Any other suggestions on how to keep the gutter guard on the chrome piece? Thanks Brandon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
HMMMMM That's strange I never had any problems at all and I've had mine on for a while.....did you tuck it into the that little groove around the entire plastic piece????

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know what know Im mad cause i did tuck it in the bottom of the plastic but not the top part. Now i gotta take the whole thing off and take the access glue out or at least try to, and do the whole thing over huh? Well thanks Gene hey when you coming down to Va Beach? Brandon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm not sure if those plans to go to VA beach are still affective I ran into a little extra money so me and the misses might be doing Hawaii instead,,,not really sure though......I'll deffinetly let you know what my plans are,,,so this way I can meet up with you and Marvin.....

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Why don't you just screw it in?, thats what i did and its still on there. All i did was take left over mesh and kept foling it until it got fat and then screwed it on. You can't see it if you do a good job.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
mvpinoy01SE said:
you know what know Im mad cause i did tuck it in the bottom of the plastic but not the top part. Now i gotta take the whole thing off and take the access glue out or at least try to, and do the whole thing over huh? Well thanks Gene hey when you coming down to Va Beach? Brandon
I'd say yes take it back off and tuck in the top as well and glue it into that channel and it should hold very well

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
jbruin152 said:
If you don't make your own front grill, how much does it cost to have one made and put in?
They don't have one made for our cars,,,and to buy one for say a honda it costs anywhere from $75-125.....Alot easier to make your own and also alot cheaper as well.........

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey enigmo thanx for the suggestion but I shaved off the little holes for the screws for better fit. And hey Gene yeah ish all good hit me up when you do decide and get some cash.

·
Registered
123 Posts
anybody got the steps on how to make them???... can the stock grill be put back on if the grill does not come out right

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey, I had the same problem with my girlle.I guess I drive to fast lol. I first used the square mesh stuff that I had from making grilles for the civic and that didn't hold very well. Last weekend I went out and actually bought some gutter guard and that stayed for a few days before it started to peal in the corners. So for now I have the stock grille back in. And yes it does go back in with no problem as long as you don't shave off all the screw holes. I did take off the clips but left most of the screw holes so that I could put the stock one back if I needed to. I think I will just leave it this way b.c it is more of a sleeper without the ghetto grille.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SentraRacer said:
anybody got the steps on how to make them???... can the stock grill be put back on if the grill does not come out right
I have instructions on my website...

·
Registered
123 Posts
when you take out the grill, do you take out the chrome piece also. btw how do you make the mesh fit perfectly to size??

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
SentraRacer

I took unscrewed the black piece from the Chrome one.
Had to shave all the sockets for the screws from the chrome piece for a perfect fit, its just to hard to do a good job without doing that.

Then I put the chrome piece over chardboard, and did a rough draw, then I did a rough cut of the gutter guard, using a dremel with a cutting mesh. You can also use cutters if you want.

Then I put the grill on over the chrome piece, and marked with a black marker where I still needed to cut.

Make sure to leave enough grill to bend into the lip. you'll notice the lip , especially after you shave the chrome piece down.

The best way to make it hold is to bend the grill into the lip before hot waxing it.

My trick was, if it holds on its own, with the grill well bent into the lip, then the glue can only make it stronger, if you only put the glue on, the grill will work its way out of its place, some big wind, jet spray of water, etc...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That's exactly what I did I left my self plenty of the mesh and completely tucked it into that channel(lip) and did little section by section applying plenty of hot glue and it held on extrememly well and I hit highway speeds on an average of 90-100 and not a problem,,,and I also hit it with a powerwasher and it does not budge at all.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
so i take it there is no problem when you wash the car. Will it rust?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Well aluminum doesnt rust. But spraying some clear coat on it would be a good idea to give it a longer life.

I didint do that, but its ok. I figure I can always redo it, and next time I'll clear coat it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts