B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was going to buy an after market cat-back, but seeing as it only boost your hp to like 5 extra, it is a big waste of money. So now I will make my own, what would be the best custom cat-back set-up? I want it to be deep and not raspy! I am not a ricer! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
i think he just wants suggestions on a muffler?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you want a Cat-Back Exhaust, an Axle-Back Exhaust, or just a Muffler? Either way, if it is custom I am sure all shops will turn out different. Either way, if you buy piping that isn't rediculous like 3 inches for a naturally aspirated set-up you should be fine. And it's gonna be harder to find the sound you want since it is all custom work... You really won't know until they install it.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
A dyno is not the end all/be all for certain things as response. A free-flowing, mandrel-bent exhaust is the groundwork to every other engine mod you might plan to do in the future. It compliments them.

Check out www.vrsexhaust.com They are in Maimi and you can buy just piping or several other options as well.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Whether it's premade or custom, the gains will be around the same. The Spec V exhaust is already pretty free flowing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok my question does make sense, I want to put 250$ into a full custom cat instead of 650$ manufactured one. Think about it! wow

·
Registered
621 Posts
Get a muffler shop to make you a 2.5" manderal bent piping with a 18" or bigger Magnaflow resonator. Then just pick a muffler you want.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok good deal I will only need one 18" resonator and it wont sound like crap with a header right?

·
Registered
564 Posts
i used 2 resonators to make sure it was quiet as can be. just choose a muffler that won't give you a raspy sound and you'll be fine. i have the SSAC header and my exhaust has a nice deep tone to it that isn't too loud at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
CrazyRican158 said:
Ok good deal I will only need one 18" resonator and it wont sound like crap with a header right?
I got a customed cat-back exhaust system, 2.5" manderal bent aluminum piping with stock looking muffler, but it's pretty loud. It costed me 555 when I got it few years ago. I think any exhaust out there are great and they gain the most with header and intake, which all work together as a full exhaust system to free up airflow. Exhaust along doesn't do that much for our cars.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow you paid 555, you got ripped off, I got quoted for 350 with a magnaflow muffler! I appreciate the comments though!

·
Not Quite as Slow as You
493 Posts
i just paid 380 for a custom 3inch ss exhaust with a vibrant muffler. no bends, all welds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts