B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious as to peoples designs on trunk enclosures. I am gonna get 12" hcca's, at least one if not two depending on if i can fit them. I was wondering if anyone has any box designs or any other ideas. Any ideas are appreciated.
One more thing i have a 2000 sentra GXE with Panasonic 900u head unit, 4 polk audio 6 1/2's and an orion xtreme 500.4 amp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey,

I am considering doing one of two things. I am either going to fibreglass 1 12" sub into the floor (where the spare tire is, or I am going to make a box fit in the utmost rear left corner. If you have really deep subs (large mounting depth) then you might have to go that way too (rear left corner). I will take some picture's when I am done.

PB

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
If either of you are going to put subs in the spare tire well, make sure you 'glass the whole inside of the well! Don't just seal the sub into the well. The metal will hold the air tight, but it will flex like rubber when the sub hits hard, losing a lot of the music's energy. 'Glassing subs into the sides of the trunk is really stealth- I'm looking at that too, but more work. Have you found any factory-match carpet? I believe we're going to have to redo the entire trunk in new carpet, so that it all matches...

·
Registered
37 Posts
PB said:
Hey,

I am considering doing one of two things. I am either going to fibreglass 1 12" sub into the floor (where the spare tire is, or I am going to make a box fit in the utmost rear left corner. If you have really deep subs (large mounting depth) then you might have to go that way too (rear left corner). I will take some picture's when I am done.

PB

i was thinking of that same idea with 3 10s but with that style do you think that the speakers are actually getting the air space they need

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Generally speaking, the better the quality of the sub, the less airspace it will need. if you have to, you could raise the whole floor a couple inches, and include the whole floor area into the box to get the volume you need. You'll never miss the room- trust me! Make sure the subs are all running mono if they're sharing an airspace!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts