B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buck was in an accident this morning and afterward the car didn't start. Is there a fuel cutoff in the Sentra? Unfortunately he is at fault even though he was going straight and the guy was in the left turn lane hanging out in traffic. Its almost ironic, he was heading to the Highway Patrol to get fingerprinted for his job, since the SEC requires it. Oh yeah and since it was his fault we have to pay for our own rental...do all insurance companies have this in their policy? At least we have a low deductible, but no telling when we will get our baby back. Do you think we should remove our sub? Mechanic may have sticky fingers...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Oh man that sucks to hear about,,,,and I'm sorry to hear a fellow Sentra owner got hit.....But did they tell you how much it's gonna cost to get fixed???Not like it's any of my buisness....But I wouldn't worry about the sub,,,but If it'll make you feel more secure then I'd say pop it out,,,actually I would suggest itcause they might leave the car outside overnight and then it gives thieves something to look into...But I hope everything works out fine for ya....

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its still at the towing yard, so I have no idea. We have to wait until they find somebody they like to do the job down here. Waiting sucks.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats under the hood

Buck just clipped the other car real good and maybe we will be lucky with just having the headlight, bumper and left fender replaced and painted. I think the door may be fixable. I don't know if anything under the hood is damaged but the fender isn't squashed in too much at all. What's under the driver's side of the hood anyway? Hopefully the impact itself didn't cause too much jarring or breaking of anything, those things usually crop up months later and insurance won't pay for it by then and Nissan will probably say nope, won't pay for that you were in a wreck. Has anyone had a wreck and had this kind of trouble before? I really wanted to avoid this, it was the whole point of buying a new car. Our Beretta had been wrecked too many times and just kept breaking...I feel so sad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. But it is kind of interesting that everyone is talking about the car, so let me be the first to ask. How is Buck, anyway, after the accident?

By the way, better get back to the towing yard, and grab all your belongings, especially the sub.

Based on experience, waaay back, when I wrecked by Conquest TSI Turbo, I had my stereo gear and some video equipment (borrowed from Cal State). When I went to the yard the next day to get the video stuff, guess what? The car was empty!!! No amp and sub box, and no video equipment. When I confronted the guy, he said he didn't look into cars, and not responsible for anything that was left in the car. Yea...sure....

Good luck.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics

Those don't seem to be working...geocities seems virtually worthless. Here they are at this address:
http://photos.yahoo.com/cdr478s.
Click on the car photo album.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Yahoo for some reason doesn't allow anyone to post pics fron thier site....

But your car looks bad...I wish ya good luck and hope it comes back looking new:)

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trouble with insurance agent

The insurance doesn't want to use Hammer's Autoworks to fix our car. Is there any way we can make them? They say is too expensive because they use "genuine nissan parts" so I guess this means they want to use used part? Thats crazy, its a 2000, and I should have new parts on a new car....ARGGHHHHH! How bad would aftermarket parts be? Hammer's really is the only one that does good Nissan work in Springfield, even Nissan sends all the warrantied cars there. This is sooo bad, I have a notion to call them and do some yelling, if they think its so damn expensive they shouldn't have charged us a low rate, its not our fault they are cheap skates!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
If the accident wasn't your fault then I would argue that...and tell them that I want only OEM quality parts on my car,,,seeing that I bought the car brand new and it was new before your client hit my car....you can fight it just as long as it wasn't your fault.....

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it was considered Buck's fault since he hit the car from behind. I say they shouldn't have had their *** end hanging out in traffic, especially on a day with rain when people can't stop. I guess we are just screwed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Insurance

Buckswife:

I don't know where you live, but in Texas we can choose whoever the heck we want to. We can DEMAND that they use OEM parts. Anything less should be unacceptable to you. Period. It doesn't matter who was at fault.

Don't let the scalawags get away with it.

~Trevor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts