B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch yourselves out there people!!

Today coming back from work another of the b15 soldiers went down. That's right my car is down. I haven't gotten an estimate or anything yet but its totalled as far as I'm concerned. I was in a Full front on collision with a guard rail while avoiding one of the many oblivious drivers on the road; who didn't see me while they were performing a beautifully timed random lane change aimed right for my car! Oh well, just needed to vent a bit. Stay safe out there people and watch out for all the a-holes on the road.

[Edited by Nitelife on 05-09-2001 at 08:23 PM]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Oh man....that sucks. Actually, I just picked up my car today. I think I was the 2nd or 3rd person to crash my sentra on this board. It happened way back on 4/7...and it took this long for me to get my car back. The total damage was like $5,500 and they had to realign the frame and a LOT of suspension work. So far, the only thing I've noticed is that the hood is not lined up right but they said they'd take care of it this Saturday.

Glad that you didn't get hurt. Hope everything works out with your insurance company.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Ouch. I never know what to say when someone reports that their car goes out like that. So sorry bro. Hope your insurance pulls through for you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Boy, what do you say :( ? I hope everything turns out okay. Good to hear that you're not hurt or anything.

Speaking of which, I just about rear-ended some chick on Monday. Couldn't see her stupid Altezza tails in the sun.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sorry to hear that Nitelife. I wrecked my B15 back in December. It sucks ***... Let us know what's going on and what you're getting next, will ya? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I wrecked mine on 4/18 when I was
rear ended. $7200 damage still sitting there at the auto body shop till I figure out what Im going to do with it.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I told myself not to click in this thread cause it saddens me to hear about someone getting thier car Fcked up,,But I ended up clicking it anyway...But I'm sorry to hear that about your car and I hope everything works out well in your favor......:)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I am glad that you are ok though. I have been really close to many accidents in the past month or so and I'm worreied that I am going to be next. Recently I was going down a 2 lane road,both lanes going in the same direction, and the van up ahead in front a little bit of me was going pretty slow and the guy on the right of me was trying to race me in his 5.0. So I sped up a little and got in the right hand lane really fast. Next thing I know there was like a 20 car pile-up in the left hand lane b.c some old lady had turned onto the road and was coming head on probably around 50mph in that lane. All I know is that if I didn't switch lanes when I did I would have been a gonner, b.c the guy that was behind me right before I switched lanes died upon impact.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Sorry Nitelife.

Hope things work out.

Nismo Girl. You've been lucky for sure. A lot of close calls means statistically you are headin' for one. You never know what's around that turn, or over that hill. I had 3 accidents by the age of 28 (one my fault) because i didn't think "what if". BTW in my next 28 years of driving I've had zero accidents. (knock wood). You really learn to avoid accidents that would not even be your fault. Unfortunately at 55 yrs old my chances of having accidents will soon start going up again. Experience unfortunately goes only so far. Hope you change your driving habits (no slam on you)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am very causious on the roads when i'm driving. My mom has always tought me to drive definsively and to be aware of what is going on around me. Most of the time it is stupid people pulling out in front of me that makes it close calls. But I guess I do lower my chances by not tailgaiting, driving the speed limit esp after my ticket,and just being careful. I can afford to lose my car and definantly not my life. I went to the track last night and that is where my speed is going to be from now on. LOL Or maybe I should say, lack of speed lol. Nah I think I will go more often just to get it out of my system so I will be safer on the road.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
yea..sounds like a winner to me.

Like I said.. not trying to lecture. Just been down the road a few extra times. Hopefully next time I am tempted to do something stupid, hopefully I'll think of what I said to you..thanks. See 'ya.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I almost rear ended a Civic with them altezza lights

·
Registered
268 Posts
man i am sorry to hear that...but glad that you are ok.

About 6 months ago i bumped into a 528's behind because i was tailgaiting....=(

·
Registered
446 Posts
*I will not read this post!*

doh!

sorry to hear about that man.....the total cost f or me for my last wreck? Bodyshop=500 (deductible), defensive driving=$35 fine for failure to stop fast enough because some fat b!tch cut me off=$180, I am now on 6 month deferred adjudication......no racing for me...well....at least I can't get caught....

-iLL

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
99GXELE said:
I almost rear ended a Civic with them altezza lights
Me too today. The only thing I saw was the third brake light in the back window.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your replies...its good to get to some support from this community. It took awhile for me to post because I had to make sure what's left of my baby got to the right auto body shop and then pick up my rental. They gave me a 2000 cavalier. This car sucks!!! I miss my Sentra so bad. Should know how much damage (monetarily) was done on Monday. I'm thinking it may be close to getting totalled by the company. I need all four tires replaced (aren't they like 299 a piece?) all new front end. The radiator got pushed up on top of the engine and cracked the valve cover...etc etc. It's pretty bad as far as I'm concerned. Blah...I won't continue on with this much more it's rather depressing.

Anyway Thanks Again for all the support!!!! Be safe out there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
so sorry man

sorry to hear about the accident, but I am happy you are ok, please find a good shop and stick with it. my car was sent off road for $2200 of damage thanks to my good driving, I could have died smashed against a railing, I got the quarter panel fixed and the front bumper is pretty much fix except for a dent here and there, but my bro's shop was busy and didn't have enough time to finish it. all that is left for my car is to heat the front bumper and mold it back to normal(should be cake) and sand/prime/repaint. The hood also has a small dent on it still, but the shop fixed its alignment somewhat, still a lil off, but working on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts