B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hey, it's July 2000 and I'm a 16 1/2 year old kid, and I'm all excited that I'm getting a new car. (I'm 17 now and just learning all this car mod fun.) And the new Nissan Sentra really appeals to me because it's a new look and I like the ride. So I want a good CD player in this new car that I'm gonna get. So my dad asks them when we buy the car to put in a CD player. So, we order the 6-disc, and to my surprise, when it's put in, hey, it's a 10-disc. Wow, I think. What a deal.

Yeah, right. That piece of **** cost $700. Luckily my dad paid for most of the car, (No, not all of it, but most of it.) but that still really bothers me. Not only was it a piece of ****, it was an FM modulator they put in. So I'm getting FM quality sound on my crappy disgusting looking 10-disc player that has buttons that don't function properly.

So anyway, to make it short, in October, I ended up putting in a system for about $800. Almost the same cost for that piece of **** FM modulator as it was for my whole car system--Panasonic head unit, dash kit, 4 new speakers, Koiiler amp, MTX Thunder 4000 12" sub, and box.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. And it's Miller Nissan in Van Nuys, CA if any of you are considering it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
How do you like the headunit? I've had mine since last summer and it's the first thing people notice when they get into the car! I love the sound quality of this thing as well.

The only thing I've noticed as of now is the fact that Memorex burned CD's skip, but I've switched to Kodak and now everything's fine...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love it. Is yours the blue one also? It lights up the car, gets a great response, and I love the spectrum analyzer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've had that since October, I love it too. Best $800 I ever spent was on my soundsystem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts