B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I thought I was getting myself into a quick repair...

Car was having trouble starting, then Friday afternoon on my way home from work, the RPMs just drop to zero and gas pedal does nothing. I scanned the code and pulled a P0335.

So I pick up the crankshaft position sensor for $30 and figure it'll be a quick and easy install. 2 hours later -- I can't get the damn thing to come out! :mad: Screw came out no problem, it rotates, but it just won't come out.

Is there something I'm missing? Tips, tricks? :confused:

Engine is a 2004 1.8L Auto.

·
Registered
83 Posts
theres an o-ring on the sensor meaning it has to be pulled out with equal pressure on all sides. it's a ***** because of its location, but mine came lose with a lot of pulling and a flathead under where the screw goes to help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@mike049: Yeah, I tried that, but no go.

I took the day off from work to get this done. I'm just going to go at it like this guy:

It's a lot of work to replace a sensor, but I can't get the leverage I need on it, both from bottom or top, without removing more parts to gain access.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well that finally got taken care of! Before disassembling my engine in a fit of Hulk rage, I decided to try one more go at prying it out within the small workspace available to me from under the vehicle. Great Success! I just about threw the damn thing down the street... :mad:

I replaced the sensor, reconnected any cables and the battery, and reattached the air intake. Started up no problem. I cleared the SES code and drove around the block, no problems. Parked it for 10 mins, then started it up to drive it and get it washed; argh! my overdrive light flashed. I made it there and back without problems.

I'm going to head out shortly, recheck the cables and all connections, then drive it around a bit, push it hard a little, and see if it throws me any sign. :eek:

I hear a lot of people replace both the crankshaft and camshaft sensors at the same time. I may just pick up the camshaft sensor on my way back and take care of that too.

Update: All good! I did miss connecting one cable/sensor. Purrs like a kitten.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well that finally got taken care of! Before disassembling my engine in a fit of Hulk rage, I decided to try one more go at prying it out within the small workspace available to me from under the vehicle. Great Success! I just about threw the damn thing down the street... :mad:

I replaced the sensor, reconnected any cables and the battery, and reattached the air intake. Started up no problem. I cleared the SES code and drove around the block, no problems. Parked it for 10 mins, then started it up to drive it and get it washed; argh! my overdrive light flashed. I made it there and back without problems.

I'm going to head out shortly, recheck the cables and all connections, then drive it around a bit, push it hard a little, and see if it throws me any sign. :eek:

I hear a lot of people replace both the crankshaft and camshaft sensors at the same time. I may just pick up the camshaft sensor on my way back and take care of that too.

Update: All good! I did miss connecting one cable/sensor. Purrs like a kitten.

Did you spray it with anything? What tools did you use?

I'm going through the same issue and my forearms are super sore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keep the harness connected prior to removal. You can then get a better grip on the connector and you can wiggle it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts