B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, have you guys ever noticed how the rear and side windows seem to have these white squares all over them...like it is apart of the window? Does anybody know what that is? Is it just how the glass was made?

Has anybody noticed that when you turn the rear defroster on or just the air(without a/c on) that the idle seems to go a little funny... right when I turn either of them on the idle drops and the car begins to vibrate a little and then it will go back to normal for a second, then do it again, but then as soon as I turn either of them off it goes away. What could that be?

I've also noticed a couple times where Ive turned the A/C off I can still feel extremely cool air, and I know its not just cool outside, and when I flip the a/c switch I feel no change in the car (bc normally I can feel a little kick when the a/c comes on) and I am wondering it something could be shorting out causing the a/c to stay on no matter if the switch is depressed or not?

Lastly, I have noticed a creaking sound coming from what seems to be the front left side of the car, and I hear it occasionally while driving around corners etc and was wondering if maybe it was my CAI, but it seems to be in place with no signs it was doing anything weird...has anybody had this problem?

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
NatlCitySentra said:
Has anybody noticed that when you turn the rear defroster on or just the air(without a/c on) that the idle seems to go a little funny... right when I turn either of them on the idle drops and the car begins to vibrate a little and then it will go back to normal for a second, then do it again, but then as soon as I turn either of them off it goes away. What could that be?
Voltage.. its a drag on your alternator. thus the drop your idle or vibrations..

I've also noticed a couple times where Ive turned the A/C off I can still feel extremely cool air, and I know its not just cool outside, and when I flip the a/c switch I feel no change in the car (bc normally I can feel a little kick when the a/c comes on) and I am wondering it something could be shorting out causing the a/c to stay on no matter if the switch is depressed or not?
on 2002 and up vehicles.. the compressor stays on until you shut down your car.
Lastly, I have noticed a creaking sound coming from what seems to be the front left side of the car, and I hear it occasionally while driving around corners etc and was wondering if maybe it was my CAI, but it seems to be in place with no signs it was doing anything weird...has anybody had this problem?
My shocks do this when its cold or the suspension is not warmed up yet..

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
NatlCitySentra said:
First, have you guys ever noticed how the rear and side windows seem to have these white squares all over them...like it is apart of the window? Does anybody know what that is? Is it just how the glass was made?
friend of mine said it was some type of stock tint, but the guys always full of **** so i too would like to get an answer for that. Whatever it is tho, tint covers it up :)

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I dunno either, I just always see it and kept wondering WTF it could be.

·
Registered
243 Posts
uh, isn't that just the look of tempered glass?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I think its just the look of tempered glass :D

oh and um.....it doesn't matter what car you're in....when you turn the a/c off you'll still blow cold air for a bit...sometimes even up to 10 minutes depending on how cold the a/c is.....because the hoses are still cold and such stuff as that...as for the compressor staying on...I have no idea

·
Registered
631 Posts
SPECSen said:
I think its just the look of tempered glass :D

oh and um.....it doesn't matter what car you're in....when you turn the a/c off you'll still blow cold air for a bit...sometimes even up to 10 minutes depending on how cold the a/c is.....because the hoses are still cold and such stuff as that...as for the compressor staying on...I have no idea

wow, you dont post real information too often do you? first telling a guy in audio that if he wires his subs for lower ohms, hes gonna get more voltage?
lets be honest man, you joined the forums like 2 weeks ago. at least read through all this stuff and get the right answer before you tell someone else what you think it is.

ok...the hoses being cold has NOTHING to do with it. as soon as the AC compressor is turned on in an 02-up B15 it stays on until the car is turned off. it also turns on if you use the defroster (to remove moisture from the air)...so even if you dont turn the AC on, if you turn the HVAC knob to defroster, it will also turn the ac compressor on, and once again, it wont be shut off until you turn the engine off.

and as far as the windows having white square.
if i had to make a guess, since ive taken all my doors apart, i'd guess it was from the stock sound deadener / insulation / crap in the door. if you take the panel off, there are styrofoam panels that are tacked onto the outer skin. they act as a window guide (which they dont do at all), and sort of an anti-vibration thing. i took mine out (on the passenget side door, this piece of styrofoam actually broke, fell down inside the doorpanel, and got lodged under the glass, so they window couldnt go more than half way down.

the "marks" on the glass being white only support my theory even more.
another thin to check, white lithium grease. i believe thats why they lube the moving parts inside the door with from the factory.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Jasper said:
wow, you dont post real information too often do you? first telling a guy in audio that if he wires his subs for lower ohms, hes gonna get more voltage?
lets be honest man, you joined the forums like 2 weeks ago. at least read through all this stuff and get the right answer before you tell someone else what you think it is.

ok...the hoses being cold has NOTHING to do with it. as soon as the AC compressor is turned on in an 02-up B15 it stays on until the car is turned off. it also turns on if you use the defroster (to remove moisture from the air)...so even if you dont turn the AC on, if you turn the HVAC knob to defroster, it will also turn the ac compressor on, and once again, it wont be shut off until you turn the engine off.

and as far as the windows having white square.
if i had to make a guess, since ive taken all my doors apart, i'd guess it was from the stock sound deadener / insulation / crap in the door. if you take the panel off, there are styrofoam panels that are tacked onto the outer skin. they act as a window guide (which they dont do at all), and sort of an anti-vibration thing. i took mine out (on the passenget side door, this piece of styrofoam actually broke, fell down inside the doorpanel, and got lodged under the glass, so they window couldnt go more than half way down.

the "marks" on the glass being white only support my theory even more.
another thin to check, white lithium grease. i believe thats why they lube the moving parts inside the door with from the factory.
I never said that if you wire for less ohms you get more volts...what I F*cking said was that if you know ANYTHING about electronics than you KNOW that there is a simple equation to how power (the measure of how much voltage moves across a line) works the equation is Voltage equals current divided by resistance!! are you with me thus far? ok now....in an amplifier the voltage is the constant.....it DOES NOT CHANGE.....that leaves the other two variables changing.....if your ohms go down....your current goes up!! that is a FACT. and that is what I said....now the part you might have been confused about was when I said if your ohms go down your voltage or wattage HAS to go up....which is true...but since you don't obviously know anything about electronics you don't know that the voltage is constant...that leaves the wattage changing....

I don't know how this amp he's talking about is set up...they may have found a way around ohms law.....but I don't believe it until I see it.....

as for the a/c thing...if you'd ****ing read I said I have no idea about the a/c compressor staying on....but I do know that in OTHER cars (key word other) if you run the a/c and then shut it off the air being blown out will still be cold!!!! for up to 10ish minutes or so depending on how high the blower is turned up!!! another thing is that in my 03 spec v if I have my a/c on and then shut it off and turn vent on with the blower on full blast and the temp all the way on cold...it doesn't blow cold...HMMMMM

·
Registered
631 Posts
ha, so you still dont know what you're talking about, and you want me to kiss your ***? other cars arent sentras. post was totally irrelevant. oh well. i aint argueing with you...just point of reference though, car audio isnt you're average electronics, especially once you get into regulated power supplys and outputs. they defy standard laws like v=i/r

doesnt change the fact that you start posting 2 weeks ago. having 5-6 posts a day doesnt make you more intelligent.

and if you want to flame me, keep it to PMs or AIM. no need to hijack this dudes thread to get on with your own vendettas.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
SPECSen said:
as for the a/c thing...if you'd ****ing read I said I have no idea about the a/c compressor staying on....but I do know that in OTHER cars (key word other) if you run the a/c and then shut it off the air being blown out will still be cold!!!!

How ever.. if you'd read. you know that its not cool to thrash someone verbally on this website..

that and you would know that the GUY asked SPECIFICally about the Spec V :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
SR20dee said:
How ever.. if you'd read. you know that its not cool to thrash someone verbally on this website..

that and you would know that the GUY asked SPECIFICally about the Spec V :)

lol...I have not thrashed anyone that didn't thrash me first!!!

and I know he was talking about the spec v....I was just pointing out that it doesn't matter what car it is....it blows cold for a while after being shut off.....just throwing that into the mix....and mr. jasper jumped me for it.....i'm new to the sentra world...and I pointed out that I DID not know about it but thought it might be handy to know that in all cars the air blows cold for a bit...I fail to see why I should have been flamed for that

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
I have a question... not trying to say anyone is right or wrong, but:

What would be the benefit of the A/C compressor staying on all the time? It should run based on the demand of the system. Based on my car, if the vent fan is on low, the compressor will turn on and off as needed to keep the air cool (I can hear and feel it). I would think Spec's should do the same. Otherwise, the circulating R-134a will continue to get colder and colder until something freezes (humidity on the heat exchanger). Along the same line of reasoning, the compressor should turn off when you turn off the A/C button or fan. Just some thoughts...

·
wiggity wack
446 Posts
psushoe said:

What would be the benefit of the A/C compressor staying on all the time? It should run based on the demand of the system. Based on my car, if the vent fan is on low, the compressor will turn on and off as needed to keep the air cool (I can hear and feel it). I would think Spec's should do the same. Otherwise, the circulating R-134a will continue to get colder and colder until something freezes (humidity on the heat exchanger). Along the same line of reasoning, the compressor should turn off when you turn off the A/C button or fan. Just some thoughts...
Almost like central air right??? It will attempt to maintain the same temperature all the time??? It's a good idea, but damn, with the AC turning on and off, on and off, it would reek havac on the compressor, not to mention how poor the gas millage would be!

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
NoSocks said:
Almost like central air right??? It will attempt to maintain the same temperature all the time??? It's a good idea, but damn, with the AC turning on and off, on and off, it would reek havac on the compressor, not to mention how poor the gas millage would be!
Well, that's called climate control in cars, and gas mileage wouldn't be effected that much. The main factor there is the % of time the compressor is on. The higher the %, the more average drag on the motor, the lower the gas mileage. I'm refering to the demand placed on the system due to the flow rate of warm air through the heat exchanger, which is a function of the temp outside and the fan setting.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
psushoe said:

In my car specificly.. after i turn the compressor off. usually the car will fog right back up.. or if its hot out.. usually just fog up from humidity. to counter this youll have to turn the compressor back on anyway.. nissan just decided its better idea to leave it running for whatever reason..

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Jasper said:
ha, so you still dont know what you're talking about, and you want me to kiss your ***? other cars arent sentras. post was totally irrelevant. oh well. i aint argueing with you...just point of reference though, car audio isnt you're average electronics, especially once you get into regulated power supplys and outputs. they defy standard laws like v=i/r

doesnt change the fact that you start posting 2 weeks ago. having 5-6 posts a day doesnt make you more intelligent.

and if you want to flame me, keep it to PMs or AIM. no need to hijack this dudes thread to get on with your own vendettas.
done deal.. but you should never had said anything about my post in another thread...that started the hijacking

·
wiggity wack
446 Posts
psushoe said:
Well, that's called climate control in cars, and gas mileage wouldn't be effected that much. The main factor there is the % of time the compressor is on. The higher the %, the more average drag on the motor, the lower the gas mileage. I'm refering to the demand placed on the system due to the flow rate of warm air through the heat exchanger, which is a function of the temp outside and the fan setting.
Climate control...that's the word I was searching for. I just don't think it is really that feasible in a 4 cylinder car...just too damn tough on everything. My friends 1997 Cougar V8 had it....never noticed a difference....

·
Registered
631 Posts
psushoe said:
Otherwise, the circulating R-134a will continue to get colder and colder until something freezes (humidity on the heat exchanger). QUOTE]

theorys solid, but luckily we have a fairly good drainage system attached to our HVAC system. trust me, i know. when i took the carpet out of my car, i accidentally kicked the drain line off (it runs through the cabin, in the middle of the car, right back by the firewall)

it filled the floorpan of my car with about a half inch of water. not fun.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts