B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but ecxept the various threads listing problems w/ it, I did not find out if all Sentras use the same part.

Please let me know since if it is the same, it would be an easy task to find one in a junkyard.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one knows?

The above meant BUMP!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
When I bent my control arm the shop had a hard time getting one for the dealership because the dealership said that a control arm for an SE with 16" wheels is "rare". :rolleyes:

I just installed the front portion of the Nismo bushing kit, which includes control arms. The kit is designed for the Spec V, but the arms fit perfectly on my car.

Bottom line, the dealership may say that they are different, but I would assume that you can use any control arm for any B15.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
No, Sentras do have different control arms. I've looked them up before when I was bored at work.

·
Registered
272 Posts
cburwell said:
Could you please explain?
The Sentra with the 1.8L uses different control arms then the 2.0L and 2.5L. The Nismo Bushing kit will fit all B15 Sentras as you know. I'll get part numbers tomorrow. I bet there interchangeable but I would change both on them at the sametime.

What was the outcome with your control arm?

another difference is that the XE/1.8 doesn't have a front swaybar like the 2.0 and 2.5. So theres a difference. Weight might play difference too.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
NH03ser said:
The Sentra with the 1.8L uses different control then the 2.0L and 2.5L. The Nismo Bushing kit will fit all B15 Sentras as you know. I'll get part numbers tomorrow. I bet there interchangeable but I would change both on them at the sametime.

What was the outcome with your control arm?

another difference is that the 1.8 doesn't have a front swaybar like the 2.0 and 2.5.
This guy knows his isht!!!! HAHA margaritas for life haha!

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
Dead thread revival time...

I'm doing hardcore research into whether or not the Nismo Lower Control arms will fit the 1.8 powered cars. In this thread, http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99381 , I have listed part numbers but every time I reach a conclusion, something else comes along to prove/disprove it. Fun...any definites on this or has anyone found out if the Nismo LCA's will fit into the QG powered cars?

PS - The GXE's had front sway bars...this, I garauntee...I swapped mine out with the Nismo FSB and it was no easy chore. The brackets for the bushings no longer fit, so I had to fab some up, and the sway bar ends don't align properly...they're too long, so the end links are pointed forward at about a 30 degree angle, hence why I'm trying like hell to get the LCA's in if they'll remedy the situation.

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
I came across this thread in a different search. To sum things up:

The lower control arms are, in fact, the same on all B15's. As you can see in my sig, I was able to install the LCA's without a hitch, but unfortunately, this did not solve the swaybar end-link problem. Shaving the endlink bushings to the appropriate angle will help alleviate the problem, but most likely this is not a perfect solution.

·
Registered
914 Posts
extreme_serene said:
I came across this thread in a different search. To sum things up:

The lower control arms are, in fact, the same on all B15's. As you can see in my sig, I was able to install the LCA's without a hitch, but unfortunately, this did not solve the swaybar end-link problem. Shaving the endlink bushings to the appropriate angle will help alleviate the problem, but most likely this is not a perfect solution.
they're differnt, on the lower tie bars that jimmy makes, he has to include a spacer because of the difference and some new hardware. I havn't seen it, but I know they ARE differnt as I've helped put kits together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually the difference on the 2000, 2001 that requires the different LTB is on the crossmember where the control arms attaches, not on the control arm exactly.

I believe that the Nismo control arms and SER control arms will work on any year Sentra with any sway bar but that the 2000 GXE control arms would not have the right sway bar end link hole to work with the newer sway bar design.

The Nismo and SER control arms have 2 holes per arm for sway bar end links so I assume that Nissan made that change so that they could do away with the special part # just for the early GXE's - basically making the new stuff univeral.

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
jimmythewrench said:
Actually the difference on the 2000, 2001 that requires the different LTB is on the crossmember where the control arms attaches, not on the control arm exactly.

I believe that the Nismo control arms and SER control arms will work on any year Sentra with any sway bar but that the 2000 GXE control arms would not have the right sway bar end link hole to work with the newer sway bar design.

The Nismo and SER control arms have 2 holes per arm for sway bar end links so I assume that Nissan made that change so that they could do away with the special part # just for the early GXE's - basically making the new stuff univeral.
Cool, thanks! I'll note this in my other thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I bent my control arm the shop had a hard time getting one for the dealership because the dealership said that a control arm for an SE with 16" wheels is "rare". :rolleyes:

I just installed the front portion of the Nismo bushing kit, which includes control arms. The kit is designed for the Spec V, but the arms fit perfectly on my car.

Bottom line, the dealership may say that they are different, but I would assume that you can use any control arm for any B15.
I went from 16" rims to 17" rims and the guy at the tire shop didnt say anything🤷

1 - 15 of 15 Posts