B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took back to dealer for second time. They installed new solenoids in the auto transmission. I said to myself at the time: "what are the odds of two new solenoids going bad?" Wife told me that dealer called and it didn't fix the problem. She said she thought they needed to pull the tranny. Yikes: glad I got the extended warranty.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
pull the tranny???yikes that a big job.........

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
57 Posts
My check engine soon light came on all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago and stayed on for about 3 days, then turned off and I haven't seen it since

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
agent do you fuel up with your car running right before the light came on??? i had that problem once in an older car....

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
57 Posts
no, I always turn my engine off when refueling. I can't think of what I did that could've caused it to light up. I think it was just a fluke

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dont worry. This even happens with the 2K Maxima. Mine has been on again off again for months and dealer cannot seem to figure out what to do. Diagnostic comes back fine. They checked connection...fine. It had been on continuously for 2 months until recently when it went out again.

Not that big of a deal, but nighttime that damne light is as bright as the sun and very annoying as it keeps distracting me.

The Service/Check Engine light coming on I belive is a new for 2000 Nissan option for the visually impared.

------------------
2000 Maxima GXE C&C Package-Satin Blue Pearl/Frost

2K Maxima GXE pics
2000 Sentra GXE-Fireburst/Sand Pic coming soon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
it could have been just a fluke but it is something to keep an eye on....

------------------

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. Guess you need to take this light seriously. There was some damage to the torque converter. This took removal and inspection of trans/converter. Factory told the dealership to just replace the whole Tranny/torque converter. Thank god. I would have been less than happy with the old piece of s*&%$#it. No complaints so far.

Later

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

G

·
Was the torque converter damage a result of the bad solenoid? Well, at least you'll have a brand new tranny. Maybe you should have them install a manual transmission while they are in there. Then you would elimate the problem all together!

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sentra Freak:

They really don't know whar caused it, thats why they are installing another one. I'm just hoping something unrelated to the tranny didn't cause it. You are right though-I'm glad I'm getting a new one. Would love 5 sp. I had to compromise. I was able to get the Sentra over a Malibu (wife's choice) because of the comfortable front seats and I had to forgo stick.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, I installed a Place Racing Cold Air Intake to minimum fanfare (though they sent me the wrong stock MAF adaptor plate and had to wait 2 days for the replacement. Guy there blamed the assembler. Apparently, the one she put on my intake was meant for a Honda Prelude, not a Nissan Sentra. Gee - must be an easy mistake (even though they don't look at all alike). Now the issue is I have the "Check Engine Soon" light on for no apparnet reason. Disconnected the engine when installin the CAI, but alas, it's there and it's annoying. Has anyone got a fix to reset the light? Maybe disconnect battery and MAF sensor? Appreciate the help.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE
PR-CAI

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think that disconnecting the battery will help. As I understand it, some of the codes will reset themselves but others require a scan tool. I understand a lot of garages have them. It takes a number of cycles at engine temperatures to reset those codes which can be reset, but I don't remember the details. Had to take mine to dealer. If you go to the Edmunds.com board under Town Hall and then select Maintenance and find the Sentra posts you might get the info if no one posts here. There is a guy by the name of Alcan on there who can answer that question. The guy knows his s(&(& t

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the info - turns out you were right and the ECU reset itself after finding no other errors. Thanks

------------------
2001 Sentra SE
PR-CAI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts