B15 Sentra Forum banner

COMBO DC Sport header & Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust ??

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Ryousuke FC3S 
#1 ·
I'm on the way to order the DC Sport header and the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust for my 04' Sentra SER. I'm wondering if people meet some common problems with one of these products and the most important question : will that be a QUIET exhaust combo?

Cause I'm actually owning the Vibrant-Performance cat-back without header and it sound very very good, but I know some friend of mine you own this cat-back with header and it's so much loud, it's unbeleivable... I don't want something like that... I just sold my Vibrant cat-back for this reason.

Please help me making the right choice! :)

#5 ·
specjoe said:
dude i've been told that the best combo is the hotshot header with greddy exhaust
well u heard wrong, the best sounding combo is the nismo/nismo

another good combo is the HS header/apex-i ws also

#6 ·
Id say go Hotshot header because its proven. And Greddy is real quiet I have it w/o header and its almost like stock but deeper. Everyone tells me hotshot/Greddy is one of the best combos.

#7 ·
ZixxSpeed said:
well u heard wrong, the best sounding combo is the nismo/nismo

another good combo is the HS header/apex-i ws also
Nismo is overpriced plus IMO Greddy looks better

#8 ·
I'm sorry, but I dislike a lot the Greedy EVO2 exhaust... it look like a big fart can... I dislike it very much. Even if I know it sound good (I ear some many time). Where I live, the big chrommy fart can are the first thing the cops look for... even if it's completely quiet (quiet as OEM was)!

Concerning DC-Sport, it is a very old and popular manufacturer in the Honda/Acura world for many year ago. They are just beginning to offer some Nissan's product, but ask some Honda/Acura owner about DC-Sport and they will told your they are the bests product on the market. All thier products are tested on each specific car to give the maximum power increase specific to the vehicule. I'm not affraid AT ALL to buy DC-Sport product. I trust them at more than 100%! That's not because a product is new than it was crappy... :)

The only point is the sound... I want a sleeper and OEM look exhaust... not a huge looking chrome fart can or a loud and crappy sounding exhaust. I don't want to build a custom exhaust cause I don't have time for that, I need a direct bolt-on product...

Please help :)

#9 ·
like I said, every DC product I've ever seen looks like crap after 3 months, even the stainless units.

and just because they're well known in the honda market doesn't mean they make good products for nissans.....

CASE IN POINT: Skunk2. their b15 'coilovers' SUCK.

stick with what is proven, there's a reason for it.

#11 ·
chimmike said:
stick with what is proven, there's a reason for it.
Man... when I read comment on HotShot header from the beginning I only read problem... problem... problem........ leaking, craking, bad welding, bad fitment. What's is supposed to be proven with HotShot?? Is it proven than HotShot is crap?? That's what I think your mean!

A friend of mine buy a HotShot header and one year after the header was completely destroyed... many leaking, some hole in the welding... etc. And he was not the only one to meet this kind of problem... :(

#13 ·
Stromung looks close to stock. It looks like a slightly bigger version of the muffler that's on the WRX (stromung is huge on the subie crowd)

It's a pricey catback, but the stromung with resonator is very quiet, and has no rice appeal in terms of looks.

#14 ·
i've never once heard of a problem with bad fitment on a hotshot. if the welds crack or develop a hole Hotshot warranties their product fully. Perhaps you should call hotshot and talk to them directly?

I'd like to see you be able to speak to the owner of DC sports, like you can with Hotshot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.