B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not seem to find a cold air intake that fits for the 2005 1.8 engine. The hot shot that I found on there site is only for the 2002. Any Ideas?

·
D-town's Finest
1,128 Posts
it'll fit =) same engine from 00-05 QG18DE

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
For some reason hotshot is telling people that the intake only fits 00-03, but it does fit the 04 and 05...I have an 04.

·
Registered
338 Posts
there have been some intakes that say they are for the 00-03 QG18, but they will still fit with some minor modification.

example: my placeracing CAI was made for the 00-03 QG18 and it has a hole for an air temp sensor and another hole near the throttle body for something else i can't recall right now. but anyhow, i just plugged those two holes as they are not necessary for the 04+ QG18 because everything is built in to the MAF.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Well yeah, the hotshot has the holes for the temp sensor and the EGR tube, but since they aren't used on the 04+ I plugged both of them. Those are the only differences between the engines.

·
Registered
338 Posts
they also state that their QG18 header won't fit the 04+, but it will.
only difference is you have to cut and weld before the secondary cat rather than unbolt. :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
scuba steve said:
they also state that their QG18 header won't fit the 04+, but it will.
only difference is you have to cut and weld before the secondary cat rather than unbolt. :)
just buy a cat from a 00-03 gxe or se and be done with that.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Yeah, not many people sell their stock ones and from the dealership they're like $500. If you can find one in the junkyard then good for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
In the 04 and 05 theres a resonator for the intake inside the bumper you will have to take it off to put the intake, I got pics of the general area its not hard just time consuming, the header does fit everything made for the 00-03 GXE's will bolt to the 1.8S.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Well for one thing he has a qg18de engine and that intake is for the qr25de...but I'm sure you knew that, being a representative of your company and all.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
whats wrong with this system!?
plenty.

1) It won't fit his engine.
2) If you had read this thread, you'd know this.
3) You rushed, didn't pay any attention, and just plugged your product.

Hmmm...that instills some GREAT confidence in your product knowledge!

·
Prefessional Lurker
687 Posts
Hey rog, you guys need to to fix your web sit, when I select 00-03 sentra, I dont want to see parts listed for a damn MAXIMA!!!!!!! why the hell do you have wrong cars listed in the wrong damn place????? Unless you are offering us something, get back to work and FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!!

·
Prefessional Lurker
687 Posts
ok, so I just checked the site for the first time in a while.....I see you've changed some things.....bout time! And I, so far, have'nt any other cars in the sentra page! Good job and such! But I'll be watching !!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts