B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When test driving a 2001 Sentra SE recently the coin holder on the left popped completely out when I opened it. I recall that someone else mentioned this problem on a different forum, but a search here on this board turned up nothing. Is this a problem that no one here has on their Sentra? Could it have just been a defect in the car I drove?

·
racing poser
15 Posts
That "coin holder" is also the cover for the fuse box. It is supposed to come off like that, which makes it pretty useless as a coin holder.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I HATE THAT THING! I'm at the pay booth for a parking ramp, and pull to get some coins, and boom! coins all over the floor and me pissed off :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
Ahhh the secert is to be gentle with the coin holder/fuse box cover!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I like the fact it pops out so easily. When I have $10 in change in there and am rolling pennies for lunch money at work, I just go out the car, pop the holder out, take it inside and lay the change out on my desk. Much easier than taking all the change and stuffing it in my pocket.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Yeah mine does it too. You just have to be gentle with it and you're fine. later

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Is this the storage compartment on the left hand side of the steering wheel that we're talking about???/
If so mine also pops out pretty easily

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine too... I don't even use that thing, since I'm too
impatient to put it back in when it falls out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ya, the problem is... you have to work it pretty hard to get it back in... I scratched it like crazy already trying to put it back in... think I'm just gonna glue it shut or something!:)

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Seriously, I thought someone mentioned that the dealer would fix this under warranty. Sometimes I accumulate (sp?) so many coins that it almost falls out on it's own. I barely tug on it and it opens.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
nasauti said:
think I'm just gonna glue it shut or something!:)
hope you are just kidding b.c that wouldn't be a good thing to do, b.c you might need to get to the fuses someday lol

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
I never have a problem with just coming out when I open it, let alone having to force it back in. It fits into a groove and then pops in!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Me either, maybe I've done it so many times I'm used to popping it out and in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nismo_Girl_2001 said:
nasauti said:
think I'm just gonna glue it shut or something!:)
hope you are just kidding b.c that wouldn't be a good thing to do, b.c you might need to get to the fuses someday lol
Ya.. well, just jk... really kinda getting sick of it... everytime I open it... I do it so slowly... and ya, seems like it's easier and easier for it to fall out...

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Damnit..

I pulled it too hard _(*&(^(**)%&^())(&*(*(_&_. POS

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
maxximtl said:
"You put the weed in there." :D
LMFAO!!!

i mean, "we cannot condone that behaviour." :D

i keep lighters in it and change in my right cupholder. screw the passenger. they can hold their drinks. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts