B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new SE with PP about a week ago (SiR before - Stolen). It only has about 950km so far but I noticed this very very faint whistle noise when the clutch is in midway. If its not pressed or is full pressed it doesn't do it. I hear it barely (and I do mean barely, friends think I'm crazy) when the car isn't moving. It also seems like its louder when the car is moving. Keep in mind that this is with the windows closed, vent off, and radio off.
Is this nornal? Any idea what it might be? I'm sure my girlfriend's SE (with PP) doesn't do it or never did it.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Throwout bearing

Is loaded when the clutch is pressed in. The sound could vary depending on far the clutch is pushed in. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know what noise is, but I get it too! I started noticing it around 2000 miles. That's exactly what it is... a very faint squeeking noise- kind of a 'Wheezy whistle'. And it's such that nobody else in the car can hear it. I only seem notice it on the weekend when I drive down empty streets with lots of stop signs. Even if the radio's on, I can hear it subconsciously (it's very disconcerting!). If anyone figures out what this is and knows how to fix it, speak up. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly! It actually seems to be getting louder ... or more noticable and when the engine is turning faster its louder.
The weird thing is my girlfriend's SE (w/pp) didn't due it at all and still doesn't. She got hers 6 months before me. I hope this will go away. I'm definitely bringing it in just in case. Its also annoying.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well in case any body is curious about this. I just came back from the dealership and the tech drove around with me. He says its the bearing where the clutch plate is. Most likely the assembly plant didn't put enough grease....or something like that. The bad news is this brand new engine which has just passed 1300 miles will have to have the clutch assembly remove to grease it. They say its 4 hours but they guy told me they have to get authorization from Nissan before opening it up. I got this queezy feeling in my stomach. I don't like opening things up like this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts