B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys check this out. My clutch is starting to go on me (52K miles, but i think the guy that had the car before me road it hard ). So im going to need to replace it. Now i wanted to do the Stock Disc with the JWT Preasure plate. But here is my question. I will be Swappin in the DET probally in march or april. So will that setup work or should i just get a kit that will be good for turbo now and then just transfer over?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
why waste the money on a stronger pp when teh stock disc won't handle any more? just get a full kit. with the hydraulic clutches they're not very harsh on the leg ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm any Suggestions? I was thinkin ACT NX9-HDSS Kit. I have heard both good and bad things about it thought. was looking into clutch masters. and got the same thing. May think about the JWT but i havnt found a price on that one. But if i do go with the Kit i should have no problem at all changing it over to the DET?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have that kit but I'm still waiting for my OEM to go. The first owner must have been terrible cause I don't baby my car and I have about 75000miles 128000km anyway I think that's close.
As for being crapy clutches meh Jamie from PTI suggested it so they can't be that bad.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
JimWolf Technology Homepage......give Andy a call over at HPAutoworks........tell him i sent you......they have a high boosted sentra......he will be able to tell you the best clutch and flywheel kit for your needs...just click on the link in my sig for their homepage......tell him Daniel sent you;).....he'll take care of you

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, Thanks ill make sure to look around. Ill give andy a call. Maybe Septemeber.

I dont know if it was the owner or what. But it slips in 2nd and Third. Like if im jumping out in traffic and shift into 2nd get off the clutch the RPM keep slowly going up but im not going any faster. So i dont know what is going on lol.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Spec Clutch kits range from $299 for a stage 1 kit to $479 for a stage 5 kit. My friend just recently bought a stage 3 for his DET 240sx and he likes it. My other friend bought a stage 3 also for his 396 stroker camaro and he's happy with it also.

http://www.specclutch.com/specMain.html
Just go there and select the year/make/model.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, Thanks ill take a look at those as well. Probally wont be until Sept like i said but it really gives me some options.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
FadingOut said:
Hmm any Suggestions? I was thinkin ACT NX9-HDSS Kit. I have heard both good and bad things about it thought. was looking into clutch masters. and got the same thing. May think about the JWT but i havnt found a price on that one. But if i do go with the Kit i should have no problem at all changing it over to the DET?
If you want to keep your tranny alive for as long as you can I suggest you don't go near any ACT clutches. Some people will tell you they ran an ACT clutch for so many years and their tranny was fine, but why take the chance?

I would suggest you go with a JWT stage two kit. It should hold atleast 300WHP or so, maybe more. JWT would be able to provide you with more information on the stage two setup.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, ill probally give them a call this week sometime. I looked into those Spec Clutch Kits as well. Seemed decent, but JWT is what im leaning towards. Thanks for the Info though guys. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts