B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have looked it up.
on my 02 SpecV, the pedal was randomly sticking, more frequently when downshifting. I had to use my toe to un-pop the pedal, and it would quite literally pop up with force. I've replaced the master and slave cylinder, and put almost a full liter of fluid through the hydrolic system to bleed it out.

After taking it for a test drive, the pedal feels fine. Then, right before parking the car, I downshift into first and it sticks AGAIN.

I am not sure what the next thing to look at is. the clutch itself feels strong, and is only 4 years old.

The only other issue is that I am fairly certain that one or more motor mounts have failed. In the last 2 weeks, there is a harsh vibration that runs through the car, that gets worse when starting from a stop. at idle, the engine is flailing like a damn fish-out-of-water. New motor mounts are inbound.

What else could be causing this problem?

·
I dont care, really
315 Posts
i think the clutch pedal has a spring and a nut for tension
^ winner, mine was worn as hell on my 02 and had to do same thing many times, its the return spring

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will look into this. My Nissan Tech friend recommended re-bleeding the system, and possibly swapping out the clutch line/slave cylinder(again), before looking to the spring. Is the spring replacement an easy/moderate repair? Any how-tos or tips?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
you add tension to the spring using the nut, so it's adjustable? bleeding wont hurt, but buying parts is worthless if you still need to adjust the spring, i would try adjusting the spring first before you buy stuff ;)

·
I dont care, really
315 Posts
My Nissan Tech friend recommended re-bleeding the system, and possibly swapping out the clutch line/slave cylinder(again), before looking to the spring.
GDI hes worked at the stealership so long now hes trying to F*ck you like a normal jackass off the street and prolly doesnt realize it!

start small and work up to it. Spring is like 5 bucks if it has to be replaced

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To elaborate more on this issue...

This started happening about 5 weeks ago. The car developed a deep vibration during idle, in neutral, and take-off. I ordered/installed new oem motor mounts last week, guessing that either the front or rear had finally crapped out. The vibrations have greatly diminished during idle/neutral, but are still there. It is the worst on take-off, as i am giving it gas while letting out the clutch, the vibrations are very hard.
To elaborate on this problem more:

The second issue started 2 weeks after the first one (3 weeks ago). The clutch pedal hit the floor, and the car would not jump into any gear. We had to pick the pedal off the floor with the tip of a shoe. After that, the car shifted fine, during acceleration. Pedal works like normal 9:10 times when upshifting. That remainder percent usually results in me not being able to find a gear, or having to clutch out, then back in, before finding a gear. When decelerating/downshifting, the shifter requires more force to pop out of gear, and the pedal has to be manually lifted 9:10 times.

Like I said, I've installed all 4 new motor mounts (the front/rear were dead), and a new clutch master/slave. I have done a proper bleeding on 3 different occasions. The only thing I have not replaced is the actual clutch line. It does not appear swollen or damaged in any way. I also examined the clutch pedal assist spring, and it appears to be intact, and in proper working order. I was unable to see any method of adjustment for it. Did not see an adjustment screw.

I am not sure what the next thing to check would be. Pressure plate? pilot bearing? can of gas and a match?

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
adjusting your clutch pedal is on page cl-24 in the fsm with the correct tolerance and pedal height, and bleeding procedure follows on the next page. you should check your clutch lines for leakage as well. there is a diagram on page cl-23 with a diagram of all the pieces involved so you can follow the lines. remember to take the slack out of the shifter assembly incase your missing the gear completely cause the lines/rods are stretched.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, it's not the clutch pedal or the hydrolic system. It's a shattered flywheel. That loud buzz in the shifter, the hard body vibration, the sticky pedal. all due to a flywheel failure :/

My mechanic said that a few of the bolt heads had sheared off, and he had to cut the flywheel hub off with a plasma cutter. He also had to order those rare as hell flywheel bolts. supposedly there was only 1 set at any Nissan dealership within 300 miles.

He is installing an ACT Street clutch/flywheel, with an F1 flywheel tomorrow. Let's hope this mess is all better now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I guess who knows? I have never heard of that on non-racing engine. Could have been a badly heat-treated flywheel from the factory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I have looked it up.
on my 02 SpecV, the pedal was randomly sticking, more frequently when downshifting. I had to use my toe to un-pop the pedal, and it would quite literally pop up with force. I've replaced the master and slave cylinder, and put almost a full liter of fluid through the hydrolic system to bleed it out.

After taking it for a test drive, the pedal feels fine. Then, right before parking the car, I downshift into first and it sticks AGAIN.

I am not sure what the next thing to look at is. the clutch itself feels strong, and is only 4 years old.

The only other issue is that I am fairly certain that one or more motor mounts have failed. In the last 2 weeks, there is a harsh vibration that runs through the car, that gets worse when starting from a stop. at idle, the engine is flailing like a damn fish-out-of-water. New motor mounts are inbound.

What else could be causing this problem?
Did you figure out what the problem was? Mine is doing the same thing. When I shift the petal gets stuck to the floor. When I’m at a stop sign and holding the clutch down to get ready to take off it engages like 1/20th of an inch after letting the clutch out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts