B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It makes a slight whining sound for a second or so every once-in-a-while when i depress the pedal. I've come to the conclussion that it is most likely the throw out bearing.

Any feedback on other problems that could cause this and or the cost of getting something like that fixed would be appreciated

Ive also noticed lately that the shifting is not smooth. Its like I have to reallly feather the pedal coming from 1st to 2nd gear especially its not as bad in 3rd and 4th but i can tell something isnt right or something is going bad.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
my clutch is very old, when its cold outside, usually below 55deg. my first forward motion i get a fairly loud whine, it may do it once or twice when first driving. it has been doing for almost 3 years, but only when its really cold and very low humidity. im guessing the clutch disc and other stuff is just worn in, cause it wont do it more than twice. also, dont forget one first take off is the swooshing sound from the abs selfcheck.

its possible your throwout bearing is getting there, however, a few people have had bad instances due to it actually breaking and ending up with shrapnel falling thru and getting grinded up.

if you feather the throttle to clutch smooth into second, this is normal, may depend on some of your mods. if youre grinding gears, change your gear oil, 75w-85, maybe some mt-85

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.