B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this strange problem that after I drive my car hard (like driving really fast) or sometimes just normal driving, my clutch starts to get loose and eventually starts to get stuck to the ground. THEN, when I turn off the car and next day I go to turn it back on it wont start at all. NO POWER to the car at all. Sooo I open up my hood and touch one of the battery connecters and boom it works and my clutch is all good again. I bought the car used with intake, headers, and exhaust with the warranty still good (i got 26k miles). Im guessing I have a bad clutch and battery and the person before me raped the car. Any ideas? Also, if i bring my car to Nissan (I heard they have bad service) are they gonna give me a hard time since I am 17 and the car has aftermarket stuff?
 

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
Joined
·
3,084 Posts
the battery terminals probably just need a good cleaning along with the battery posts......as for the clutch......it sounds like you're having a problem with the hydraulic system of the clutch pedal........honestly.....you should take it to the dealership and have them check it out.......you should go to the dealership you bought it from...they will probably be a little more leniant given that you bought the car with mods already and it wasn't your doing.......they might do things for you only once out of good will.....but that's still better than nothing.......good luck and post up your results

Late,
Daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunburst03 said:
the battery terminals probably just need a good cleaning along with the battery posts......as for the clutch......it sounds like you're having a problem with the hydraulic system of the clutch pedal........honestly.....you should take it to the dealership and have them check it out.......you should go to the dealership you bought it from...they will probably be a little more leniant given that you bought the car with mods already and it wasn't your doing.......they might do things for you only once out of good will.....but that's still better than nothing.......good luck and post up your results

Late,
Daniel
thanks for the reply, is the hydraluc system of the clutch pedal covered in the powertrain warrenty? My dealer that i bought it from only gave me a 1 month wrranty and that is already over :( :mad:
 

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
Joined
·
3,084 Posts
i imagine that it would be covered but don't quote me.......now i don't know warranties but i believe that the 3yr/36k mile warranty still stands even though you bought the car used........but don't quote me on that.......best of luck to you

Late,
Daniel
 

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
Joined
·
9,081 Posts
Sunburst03 said:
i imagine that it would be covered but don't quote me.......now i don't know warranties but i believe that the 3yr/36k mile warranty still stands even though you bought the car used........but don't quote me on that.......best of luck to you

Late,
Daniel

True-but they can put clutches into another catagory (abuse). Drive train is 50K or 60K?? don't remember. Do you have a father type person who can go along??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can have my mother who can come with me to the dealer. I checked my book and it says that powertrain is 50-60k and the other warranty still works after i bougth the car used. Any more people have more ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Take off your batter cables, clean everything and then tighten them down very tight. I had the same thing happen (minus the clutch stuff) and it was just that the cables weren't on there tight enough. Weird but true. They seemed tight to me, but I re-tightened them and haven't had the problem since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
03BlkSpecV said:
Take off your batter cables, clean everything and then tighten them down very tight. I had the same thing happen (minus the clutch stuff) and it was just that the cables weren't on there tight enough. Weird but true. They seemed tight to me, but I re-tightened them and haven't had the problem since.
yea ill do that. I still need help on the clutch problem
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top