B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, this has finally pissed me off really bad...

i have tein basics, moti rear mounts, nismo front sway, rear sway, and lower tie bar....

every time i go over a dip or tiny bump in the road, i get a very audible clicking sound, like metal on metal, sounds like something is loose... ive checked everything i could possibly check, and i cant figure out what the hell it is...

#2 - when going over bumps/speed bumps/pulling in/out of driveways, i get a horrible banging sound (not bottoming out or scraping) and can and does make people turn and look to see what the noise was...

and

#3 - this is what finally pissed me off... whenever i hit the brakes to slow down, right when i take my foot off of the brake, i hear the same clicking sound, but just over and over and over until i accelerate (it could still be clicking when i accelerate, i just cant hear it though because my car is pretty loud)

so, if anyone has any answers or suggestions, i'll try anything... ive already checked to see if the springs were seated right and everything... so i have no idea.... what i do know is that the sound pretty much started when i installed the FSB, which was the last suspension part i installed... i know its not in backwards/upside down, so i have no idea what the problem is..

thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any suggestions..

later,
ryan

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
Did you properly torque down all the bolts in your front suspension to OEM specs?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J2KGXE said:
Did you properly torque down all the bolts in your front suspension to OEM specs?
yes, sir

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, the clunking noise is now CONSTANT... whenever the car is moving, it goes "clunk cluck clunk clunk" the faster the wheels are moving, the faster the clunk, and vise versa....

ive had the car in the air 3 times today, tightening everything... it sounds as though there's like something hitting the wheel or something... its horrible.... when you sit in the driver's seat, it sounds like its coming from the driver side, but when you sit in the passenger seat, it sounds like its coming from the passenger side....

help, please! im afraid to drive the car for fear of who knows what.

thanks guys,
ryan

·
Registered
386 Posts
Tighten down the bolts on your LTB extremely well. Tighten those two bolts. It could be that. But, now that it's clicking all the time that might not be it.

Shane

·
Registered
47 Posts
Could be your steering column. I had similar noises and got the steering column replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
03BlkSpecV said:
Tighten down the bolts on your LTB extremely well. Tighten those two bolts. It could be that. But, now that it's clicking all the time that might not be it.

Shane
the ltb never made that sound before... i guess it may have vibrated loose? i was pulling on the ltb seeing if it was loose, but it didnt seem like it was... but i guess a scrawny white boy pulling on it isnt much stress...

ill check them in a few minutes.

thanks dude.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SPEC keVin said:
Could be your steering column. I had similar noises and got the steering column replaced under warranty.
thats what i'm thinking... but every dealership around here wont even look at my car....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Loose lug nuts? Bad CV joint?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
03WhtSpec said:
Loose lug nuts? Bad CV joint?
not loose lugnuts... i cant really get a GOOD look at the cv joints without a lift, but from what i can see, the bottom/sides of them are all in perfect condition... and usually with a bad cv, there'd be grease all over the area where it is cracked/leaking..

still stumped and stuck without a car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts