B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope i don't get killed for this subject.

Is there clear corners available for the 2001 Sentra?

One other thing...would you recommend Eibach springs or H&R?

G

·
Weeeeeellll......The Sentra doesn't really have "corner" lights since the headlight housing is all one piece. The little amber inserts are here to stay for the time being. No one has been able to modify the headlight housing. As for the rear lights, there are no other options. Please, for the love of Pete do not mention the "A" word. :D :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know its one piece headlights...what i meant was is there like any way of getting rid of that ugly amber thing in it? But that question was answerd (Thanks)

Well since im new i guess i wouldn't feel too terrible asking this...why do you guys hate the "A" word? or anything to do with it? Like what are some of the things you guys have argued about in the past?

G

·
Do a search for the "A" word in the cosmetic section. That should bring up all the relevant threads.

I think everyone is so against them because they are the definition of rice. They don't look good on any car IMO. I've said once, and I will say it again....I didn't buy a Sentra in order to turn it into a Honda.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
It can be done, but its tricky to accomplish without cracking the lense cover, and getting it water-tight again after. Lots of Honda boards have links on how to do it, and the instructions are basically universal.

G

·
I believe Sentra Styling tried to split the case. Aparently, the glue is quite a bit different on the Sentra Housing. It doesn't come apart quite as easily.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
ALTEZZA ALTEZZA ALTEZZA!

Damnit. Not that I like em so much, but some people get so emotional over this sh*t.

Anyways, Maxx is right. The glue on our Sentra headlights is not the same "peelable" glue that Honda uses. Unless you got an extra set of b15 headlights or balls the size of Texas, you're better off waiting till someone makes clear headlights if they ever decide to.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know how the Sentra has the reflector in the turn signal? and then it has a orangish bulb...well what if you took that out and replaced it with a SUPER white Bulb? you think that would look good?

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Looks sweet at night. Looks like *** during the day because the blue tint of the superwhite bulb clashes badly with that damn orange reflector. But I can't talk sh*t cuz that's exactly what I have in my car. :p

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have super whites in my turns but I also have my headlights on whenever I'm in the car so I don't have the problem of the blue clashing. I had blue blubs in my turns for about a week b4 the cops got mad at me. They looked kinda gay at night b.c the orange and blue made it look kinda green when it flashed. Here is a pic .

For the rear turns I have LED's now and they look pretty cool,but they do make your lights flash rapidly.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
maxximtl said:
I believe Sentra Styling tried to split the case. Aparently, the glue is quite a bit different on the Sentra Housing. It doesn't come apart quite as easily.
Nope it wasn't me MAXX but I remember what you was talking about,and I can't remember who it was but someone did try it....

I have the superwhites in mine also but that damn orange piece makes it look like it's tinted with orange when they are on...

I really would like to get a headlight to try to remove this piece,,caused I'll be damned if I was gonna try it on mine:D

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Well, I'll be the first to admit I tried to pry off the outside lense. Do know how far I got? 2 chips missing off the lower corner. Not leading to inside, though, so no leaks. Just glued'em back in place, and you'd never know if I did'nt tell ya. But you guys are right. Those damned things are like carzy-glued or something! Thats the only time I wished I had a Honduh.:(

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
*snif snif* Nobody ever remembers me. :p

I tried prying the headlights open way back when my car was like two months old. All I have to show for it are a couple of cracked edges. It's ok. No harm, no foul. I even took it somewhere "professional" to see if they could do it. Even they were scared to try it w/o breaking something. The orange reflectors in our headlights are a lost cause. It's best to just wait till someone makes them for us.

G

·
I'm sorry I didn't remember. It was a long time ago. :D

Personally, the amber lenses don't bother me much. I didn't even notice them until these topics started up. hahaha. Oh well, maybe we will get lights once the se-r is out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts