B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Should I clean the JWT Pop - Cone Intake. The fellas at auto zone told me every 75,000 miles~!!!!!!! I thought that was absolutely ridiculous!!!! So, When do ya'll recommend we clean our pop intakes???

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I belive K&N recomends every 30 thoushand but I'm not really sure......

Plus your area has a factor as well......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
149 Posts
I clean my K&N twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. I would say do it at least once a year, depending on how dusty an area you live in.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
I belive K&N recomends every 30 thoushand but I'm not really sure......

Plus your area has a factor as well......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolutely correct

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a JWT Pop and it is starting to get a little dirty.
The question I have is what do I clean it with?
Is there some special solution or something or do I just brush the dust off with something?

Thanks Guys
Later

------------------
2K Heatwave Sentra GXE 5spd
-Custom Painted Dash kit
-JWT Intake
-Custom Grilles
-Stromung Cat-back

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah I suggest cleaning it every 15,000 miles, or once a year. Dirt actually helps the filter filtrate even smaller particles, but once there is sooo much dirt, then you do have to clean it, 15,000 -30,000 miles is good enough though.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
B15Sentra.net Hater
0 Posts
Yeah, the K&N performs better with a little dirt because of the oil. Clean her at 20-30k. Those things are great though, my friend has a camaro with a 5.0L V8 in it (The K&N helps larger displacement vehicles the most). Well, I used my GTECH pro on it...we used to get about 8.2 0-60 times, with the K&N he was running 7.8! They do wonders. (My sentra runs anywhere from 7.2 - 7.6's on average...I have produced 6.88, 6.97, 6.94) And you'd wonder how I'm running low 7's mid 7's when the mags cant produce these times...I can insure you all that the gtech is accurate, when we run it in my dad's MB CLK-320 we consistently get 6.8's...which is what EVERY magazine seems to agree with, maybe it's my shifting, I probably know the car better than the testers.

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE 5spd Black, Free air mod, K&N
1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 5spd Black

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shftat6:
I clean my K&N twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. I would say do it at least once a year, depending on how dusty an area you live in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is not a very good method at all....K&N even recomends that you don't clean the filter alot,,,as a matter of fact they encourage the filter to get dirty,,,they claim it works better,,,,,So I'd suggest you follow their recommondations......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
149 Posts
I should have clarified that my '97 VW has 98k miles on it, so I am above average in mileage. Sorry.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cornuto13:
I also have a JWT Pop and it is starting to get a little dirty.
The question I have is what do I clean it with?
Is there some special solution or something or do I just brush the dust off with something?

Thanks Guys
Later

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright now..to clean the filter, all you have to do is purchase the K&N Filtercharger cleaning kit. The local Auto Zone/Advance Auto has them for around 9-10 bucks. It's very easy:

*Take your filter and knock off as much dirt as possible before running it through low pressure water as high pressure could damage the fibers of the filter.

*You'll take the cleaner spray and spray liberly on the filter, making sure it has been covered good. There's a time to wait, after that, you'll rinse it out, from the inside out all the loose dirt and cleaner.

*After air drying it, you will take the oil can, and spray the filter as per the instructions.

WA LA! A clean K&N Filter! :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That about sums it up Marv.....

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 11 of 11 Posts