B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done tons of searching on the infamous ghetto airbox mod, and I think I have decided what to do. Let me know what y'all think about this mod.

- K&N cone air filter (5" x 5" x 3")
- aluminum plate to bolt onto MAF with 3" nipple welded on
- clamp to connect K&N filter to adapter
- some kind of connection to keep the whole assembly from flapping around due to the nice :rolleyes: rubber tubing
- a few hours of perfecting the adapter

I plan on taking out the stock air filter box, and the assembly below it in order to put the K&N filter on. Has anybody in the area done this kind of mod, or a pop-charger, so I can see what it looks like?

Let me know what y'all think.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If your going to do it this chessily you might as well buy a ebay intake.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Atleast spend the $15 on a plastic MAF adapter and use a cone filter and bolt it that way. If you seriously are thinkn about doing that find a used PoP Charger or something.....

I would acually love to show u pics of the JWT pop charger on my car but its in the shop right now...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ruby, come out sunday for the meet, and I'll show you exactly how to build your own POP charger. I'm using stock MAF with a self drilled 240SX adaptor (which you can buy locally). I also made a head shield out of cheap card boards, looks ugly but it works, stops the engine heat from expanding right into the cone. A lot of people with DIY intakes doesnt know, but there's a large air box resonator in the front bottom fender, you have to take off the tire and splash guard to remove it. When you do this, a cold air tube can be made to feed into the charger, this way it's both safe from water, and maximize power gain from cold air.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Royal Mist said:
. A lot of people with DIY intakes doesnt know, but there's a large air box resonator in the front bottom fender, you have to take off the tire and splash guard to remove it.

I dont know about ur car, but I just dropped the Front Bumper and was able to take of my resonator box. No tire removal or anything.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
FadingOut said:
I dont know about ur car, but I just dropped the Front Bumper and was able to take of my resonator box. No tire removal or anything.
Drop the hole bumber... holy ***** dude. You just have to turn the wheel max to the left and un-pop the front lower portion of the fender splash guard. Now there is 2 bolts to unscrew and the resonator will come to you ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well i did it that way because it was easier to work on. Yea it may have been a step i didnt have to take but o well. To late now lolz! Pluz it was a tad easier to put the CAI in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all your replies. I have made the plate of the adapter, and now just need to weld a nipple on it. I am thinking it will be done by Sunday.

JN in NV

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
FadingOut said:
well, we all do things differently... I think it's easier to take off a tire then to drop the whole front bumper... plus I'll do a tire rotation while I'm at it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea thats true. More room to work IMO.

·