·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats my lil set up for the qg18de :) well at least the bulk of it still have a few misc. things to buy

RB

·
Registered
631 Posts
33truballa33 said:
thats my lil set up for the qg18de :) well at least the bulk of it still have a few misc. things to buy

RB

niice :) that oughta net you 170-190whp ( i think thats what mike made?) on stock internals ;)

i can pick up my new USDM sr20 friday :) best price ever (free :D)
i've gotta order my pistons and rods, new main bearings, new journals (possibly, depends on how worn they are) and get the bottom end rebuilt. then comes the expensive part :( ... headwork
the valvetrain is gonna cost me damn near $1500, plus another ~$500 for my port and polish/port massagine and prep work for the new ferreas

i hope you get this thing built RIGHT...we all need boosted b15s :)

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im hoping for around that i might dip into 200whp a few months after i get the set up runnign and work out some kinks...

·
Registered
631 Posts
33truballa33 said:
yeah im hoping for around that i might dip into 200whp a few months after i get the set up runnign and work out some kinks...
prepare for detonation!
lol i hope you have a nice wideband setup and a local dyno, cause you need to run a *little* on the rich side to push that much boost into the QG18 imo, considering how lean we run from the factory.

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah my friend has a wideband that we're gonna use to tune and we'll be tuning the motor with emanage and of course theres a dyno near by :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm wanting to do the same thing! but I haven't even started on gathering up parts yet cause I gotta save for vacation :( I wanna huge front mount liek that too! :D

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahah yeah thats my new baby.. i think my gf is already jealous... ups bent a few fins on it but its still sexy as hell :), oh yeah and the reason the fmic is so big is i was originally going to do a sr20 swap and turbo that motor and boost around 12 psi so that fell thru and i was left with this nice ic not that im complaining or anything :cool:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Instead of gathering parts up, which is a PITA to do, the PTI kit for the SR/QG should be out anytime.

·
Registered
224 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Instead of gathering parts up, which is a PITA to do, the PTI kit for the SR/QG should be out anytime.

I can put me a kit together cheaper than that's going to be :)

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha u guys are missing the point just admire my stuff ahhaha jp jp.. good luck on piecing the kit together just look on sr20forums.com you'll find a lot of turbos and what not there.

RB

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
UnosGirl said:
I can put me a kit together cheaper than that's going to be :)

"Yeah true, you can save a few bones, but I have heard one too many nightmare stories about the DIY turbo kit to even consider it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Ask mike what he thinks about fabbing up your own kit."<<<<<<Says I as I drool over 33truballa33's new parts. I'm with ya man. all I am waiting for is my mani/dp/tp/SAFC and a couple fittings.....

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
haha no prob i luv it too, the bov is effin big too

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hah auhm i dunno i bought it off of sum1 on sr20forum.com haha its ncie tho i like it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts