B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my nismo header installed and after one day of having it my check engine light came on. i got worried. i got the nismo intake and exhaust as well and got everything installed by the dealership. well the next morning i took the car to the dealership and they said that the light came on because of my header that didn't have a cat. they said that there was this sensor i can buy that would eliminate this problem. please help i dont have one idea about this. i just get tried of seeing the check engine light on. It makes me feel like there's a problem with my car even though theres not.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
doh! a check engine light came on and u just don't know what to do?
search it
search it

I'm assuming you've read the boards here about installing a header and what header to get, etc?

maybe not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've done my searching but the thing is that many of them say that the o2 sensor works on the 02-03 spec v and i dont no if it would work for the 04.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
an 02 simulator for the 04 i really dont no if the 02 simulator are all the same

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i could also rellocate the secondary 02 sensor to just behind the cat to keep the SES light from coming on. but i dont no which is the easiest way of doing it. i'll do either one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just relocate it behind your cat, i did mine last week and its only 35 bucks, so take it to the muffler shop and use the plug that was on your stock header to cover the hole where your o2 sensor is now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what i still want to find out what o2 simulator should i use if i have and 04 and i know they change the whole ecu and computer. anyone with an 04 spec v that has bought and o2 simulator and installed it.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
specv692 said:
what i still want to find out what o2 simulator should i use if i have and 04 and i know they change the whole ecu and computer. anyone with an 04 spec v that has bought and o2 simulator and installed it.
They don't change any ECU or computer....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know the the o2 sensor dons't change anything it just lets the ecu think that you have a cat. but the thing is that i read that the ecu on the 04 are different and that they change. thats why i don't know which 02 sensor to buy because all the ones i've search have said 02-03 and none have said 04. so i don't really want to buy anything that won't work.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
specv692 said:
i know the the o2 sensor dons't change anything it just lets the ecu think that you have a cat. but the thing is that i read that the ecu on the 04 are different and that they change. thats why i don't know which 02 sensor to buy because all the ones i've search have said 02-03 and none have said 04. so i don't really want to buy anything that won't work.
www.o2simulator.com

Call them and ask

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks am going to check

1 - 15 of 15 Posts