B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my mom has a 2k1 SE w/ PP. Its been a great car for the 1st 3k miles. All of a sudden the other day her CE light came on and her car started having bad hesitant rev/idle between 500-3k RPMs. The cars idle jumps between 500-1k RPM, and it hesitates somewhat. I know its not misfiring and the timing isn't off b/c the car still feels fast. Any ideas b4 I take it to the stealership?

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did it happen after a fill up, sometime a bad tank of gas can cause that sorta thing.

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No actually it got bad towards the end of the last tank and it got a little better when she just filled up today.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I know my dad had a similar problem in his 5 series bmw, he filled up at the station and the car just drive so bad and would stall, it turned out he got the bottom of the stations fuel so it was full of deposits, this could be what happened. So your saying it has improved since the recent fill up, I'd take it to the dealer, whatever the reason for it happening they will fix it under warranty. Good Luck

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it got better with the fill up. She's gonna call the dealer anyway for an oil change. Hopefully they won't try to coax anything. BASTARDS :).

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by borguesian:
yeah it got better with the fill up. She's gonna call the dealer anyway for an oil change. Hopefully they won't try to coax anything. BASTARDS :).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Greg! Yeah man, have her take it to the dealership, and they should take care of it under warranty. :) Hope everything works out man.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts