B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read about painting the trim and changing upholstry. But has anyone actually changed the whole interior of their car?
My car is a dark grey and I want to change it to black so it will be black on black.I thought about ordering alll the parts in black, but that would be way too expensive. Is there a way to paint everything without looking cheap. Ive seen that there is some kind of dye for the dashboard and inner door panels, is this any good?
What are your thoughts on changing the interior?

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Not hard at all . There are quite a few SE owners , as well as other B15 owners with either a leather interior or a custom interior . Yeah the SE's interior is starting to bore me too . I want the Silver & Black interior of the 03' Spec-V . Dare I say...you're probably better off covering the existing seats in a different fabric . If you check here , the Vboard , there's always someone selling their interior in the Classified Forum . Some have painted their interior with mixed results . :)

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
If you do swap out your interior and you want to sell some stuff, I'd be interested in your front door panels :) I also have 3 of the door panels in black (Started a project with the front driver's)....

·
Registered
285 Posts
i'm slowlyyyy changing my interior...i've started with the seats. i'm getting them redone in leather. i'm getting them done black/grey. i hate the cloth seats that came with the car.
right now i have that weird sage interior where the door panels and seats are a light gray. the dash is a weird dark grey, the console is charcoal and the headliner is tan :confused: i have like 3 or 4 different colors going on. color blind nissan people!
i'm going to go charcoal/grey/black.
there are some parts that are easy to get from the classified section, like the door panels. there are other parts that you may have to just paint, like the dash, glove box, and console. and i've seen cars that have dyed their dashes and consoles and some have looked better than others. so yeah...mixed results....i'm not sure if it's the quality of the paint or the skills of the painter or both.
and it's easy to get a headliner and carpet. the best thing to do, is when you do your seats, change your carpet as well. they will pull your seats to recover them, so while the seats are pulled, have them take out the console and change out the carpet. my carpet is stone grey, and it matches the seats and it's in great shape so i'm leaving it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
maybe nissan got the beige headliner cheap! thats crazy. yeah i wondered why my headliner and sunglass holder thing is tan/beige when everything else in my car is some sort of shade of grey.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ya, that combo was a bit much for me. I dont like the red at all. That was one of the main reasons I got an 05. I had an outside company come in to the dealer and had everything done in black leather. Blew my brains out and had graphite accents and heated seats put in also. I'll post pictures as soon as my friend stops being a heab and gives me back my digital camera. Good luck with it coolie.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry early post wrong button

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey alien, changing out the headliner is not hard. Just go to a pep boys or your local automotive store and ask for some headliner spray. Then find the fabric that you want to change your headline to, I used black felt.
1. Take the light out of the center of the roof.
2. Take the sunglass thingy out.
3. Take all your door pillers off.
4. take the plastic pop rivit's of the rear of the headliner
5. Pull the headliner out you might have to possibly fold it in half
6. Pull the cloth from the inner fiberglass looking material
7. Spray the fiberglass material and lay your fabric on it
8. make sure it is smooth so it does not look like crap
9. Reinstall everything you took off and you are done
i will post pics of mine after i get back from class.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i looked into getting the entire interior redone...aside from 2 front seats....so that was 4 door pannels, rear seats, headliner, sun-visors, and all interior carpet......if i remember right it was around $1200 for all that to be done in black/red/gunmetal alcantara suede with 2-tone stitching and se-r logos....with the headliner done in a wierd carbon/fiber weave stuff that looks sweet.....i also kinda wanted to recover the headliner/doors/seat inserts with the black-gucci GG fabric, it would be ridiculous on a specV

·
Registered
285 Posts
check out the yellow pages, under automobile customizing and you might have to do some calling around to find out what each shop does/offers. theres a place here in tallahassee, Tops, that does it all. they can install custom stereo equipment, customize your interior, and even install a sunroof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts