B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had this problem with their head unit. After playing cd's for awhile all of a sudden the player just stops or starts skipping a lot? This happens to me sometimes, if I pull the cd out and put it back in it starts up again.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd
Just got hit and have to get a new fender!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had this problem once on the trip home from Boston to Pittsburgh over Thanksgiving. There was a sick amount of traffic and it ended up taking 18 hours to get home. It was snowing, raining, sleeting and I had the headlights on the entire time. The CD player starting doing what you are describing and when I removed the CD it was freaking hot. I ended up just having to use the radio because it wouldn't cool down. I don't know if this would be related to your problem though :confused:

------------------
2001 SE, 5spd, PP

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
You most definitely have a heat problem. It is normal; just let the player cool down for a bit and it should return to normal operation.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I second the heat problem. It has happened to me also. By the way I'm curious what brand cd player is it? Thanks!!!

~MIKE

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 92SER:
I second the heat problem. It has happened to me also. By the way I'm curious what brand cd player is it? Thanks!!!

~MIKE
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the stock cd player that comes with the car. I love Nissan for putting the radio in the perfect position, but apparently they don't know how to make good players yet.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd
Just got hit and have to get a new fender!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The factory head unit is made by Clarion. I would also have to agree that the heat caused it to malfuncion. Especially because there is little to no ventilation above the radio because of the heater ducts.

------------------
97 nissan 240 se, stock (for now) except for custom sounds.
01 nissan sentra se/pp, stock (my girl's car).

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
holy christ... i think this is the oldest thread bump that wasn't just a joke... almost 4 years old...

btw, he hasn't logged on since 11/1/2004, don't hold your breath for an answer :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts