B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend tried to remove my cat today, but we couldn't get it off, do i just need a longer wrench, becuase the socket wrench wasn't long enough. Another thing, could someone explain the order of the filtering items in the exhuast, the catalyic converter is a strange shape to me, im used to seeing the old style ones. (does anyone know where i can get a pipe to replace them too?) thanks

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Jamie from Powertech Imports may be offering a straight pipe replacement for your cat (He has one for the SE out now).

To get the cat bolts out you will probably need a deep socket, and it is a good idea to spray the nuts down with some PB blaster. Some people say PB blaster works, but my cat bolts were so rusted I had to have them replaced.

·
:)
290 Posts
If you really want to remove the cat and make all of us breath toxic smog, Id suggest going to your local muffle shop. They would straight pipe your cat for less than $20.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
I don't thing that cat will do really a difference in performance because 75% of the job is handle by the pre-cat. You better put an header and leave this cat instead.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headers are expensive... I don't have money, im 16, work at Target, and am squeezing myself to pay for the car and insureance, my parents don't pay for anything, so mod's are hard to come by for me :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts