B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called CarboTech today and I've ordered my pads and rotors from them. I've ordered the Panther Plus pads for the front and rear and I've ordered their Ultimate rotors slotted front and rear.........all in all it came out to 436 :D ......I have a partial sponsorship from CarboTech now too........they hook me up with awesome prices.........even without the sponsorship they still have excellent prices.....I went with their Panther Plus compound b/c i do plan on road racing the car and the Bobcat aren't aggressive enough to withstand road racing temps

here's the part numbers for anybody interested in getting any of these parts for their car
Front Rotors: 42055
Front Pads: 430-PPlus
Rear Rotors: 42051
Rear Pads: 900-PPlus
CarboTech

I'll post up pics when the brakes come in as well as reviews

Late,
Daniel

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Very nice. Can you confirm that the rear pads you bought fit perfectly into the rear caliper? Over the last months (and years), there has been very little in terms of aftermarket rear brake pads for the SE-R and SpecV, some have actually done a little grinding and bending to get the 00-01 SE pads to fit.

On a side note, I like how they use aggressive forest animals to name some of their products. Bobcat, Panther, what's next, maybe Possum or Weasel as entry level products?

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Fury: i had the rears on my car before i crashed it, they fit perfectly.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes Chris those are the rotors they are offering.........Fury......i think you should suggest that to them for their entry level pads......lol.....that's one of the reasons why i went with CarboTech.....i can get the same compounds front and rear

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
angel2167882 said:
Great stuff!

I guess thoses parts only fit SE/PP, SE-R and Spec-V non-Brembo right?
That's a good question. Common sense would tell us that the front pads won't work on the Brembo calipers. The rear pads may be a different story. If the Brembo package just uses the stock SE/SE-R caliper and a larger rotor then the pads should fit.

There is also a possibility that Nissan just used a Maxima rear brake setup, which is a common swap on B14's. If this is the case, then Carbotech may have a pad for the older Maxima that would fit.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as Chris has stated......this obviously isn't for the Brembo package on the 04s.......i'm not sure if the front setup will work with the GXE......honestly......and no offense to anyone......i haven't paid much attention as to whether or not the Spec V brake setup works on the GXEs......you could always give CarboTech a call and ask them bout the 04 Spec with Brembos as well as GXEs (877)899-5024...ask for Larry.......that's who i dealt with...pleasure to do business with

Late,
Daniel

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Dan, when does this madness stop! JWT clutch/flywheel and now this? What was wrong with the old setup? I'll talk to you about that this weekend. Congrats!

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Sounds like a nice little package , I was going to get Powerslot rotors from HPAutoworks....hmmmmmm.....The only thing you need with the CarboTech stuff is SS brake lines . ;)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I think (think being the key word), the XE/GXE/1.8 uses a different caliper than the SE/SE-R. I know for a fact that they use a smaller rotor in the front. Owners of QG18 powered cars can easily upgrade to the larger rotor and caliper by purchasing the torque member and the caliper from an SE/SE-R (Obviously the stock size SE/SE-R rotor will also be needed).

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
josh.......my front rotors have a lip on them and i don't have any real brake modulation anymore.......so i decided it was time to upgrade everything:D....besides.....i don't really want cross drilled rotors anymore anyway.....i'm still debating b/t the StopTech SS lines and the Goodridge lines......Chris i think you're right about the brake upgrade for any of the QG18 cars

Late,
Daniel

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
cburwell said:
I think (think being the key word), the XE/GXE/1.8 uses a different caliper than the SE/SE-R. I know for a fact that they use a smaller rotor in the front. Owners of QG18 powered cars can easily upgrade to the larger rotor and caliper by purchasing the torque member and the caliper from an SE/SE-R (Obviously the stock size SE/SE-R rotor will also be needed).
For the sake of a good education (and because I have access to a few SE parts cars)...Besides the obvious SE-sized rotors and pads, what other parts would I need to procure in order to make use of upgraded rotors and pads from another b15 trim line? I am speaking specifically about the front end only, I realize that the drum to disc conversion in the rear is pretty involved.

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
Sweet. I'll be upgrading my brakes this winter/spring so it will be nice to be able to buy a full f/r set of the bobcat pads. I haven't decided on which rotors I want to get...but its good to have options. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Would these work if I have ABS? Does that even come into effect?

Shane

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Shane......the only time you might run into some issues with a brake upgrade and ABS is when you're upgrading your calipers......otherwise you can upgrade your rotors and pads without any issues........now if you increase the rotor diameter i'm not sure if that will effect the ABS........but you really don't need to upgrade the rotor diameter unless you are doing it for pure bling......most big brake kits are useless except at the track.....and even then some of them are overkill:rolleyes:

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
MN01GXE said:
For the sake of a good education (and because I have access to a few SE parts cars)...Besides the obvious SE-sized rotors and pads, what other parts would I need to procure in order to make use of upgraded rotors and pads from another b15 trim line? I am speaking specifically about the front end only, I realize that the drum to disc conversion in the rear is pretty involved.
You would probably need the larger calipers, and the torque member as well. The torque member is the metal plate that the caliper bolts to and then the other end bolt to the hub. Other than that you should be set (I could be missing a few things).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts