B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no I know it would be a DOPE idea to go with the hoods and all, BUT, how easy would it be to break into???? Yes carbon is strong and all but you can still break it.

If you guys like the idea then mail me.
lookin at about $500.

------------------
IsRSiNTra @ AIM
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by ser_ious (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
778 Posts
did you mean trunk, not hood? and you guys actually do that?...even with all the lighting and plate fixtures?

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
75 Posts
eeww... tacky...
I like to keep it stock
but that's just me...

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JayT:
eeww... tacky...
I like to keep it stock
but that's just me...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
its more of a weight issue, but thats your opinion.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
297 Posts
Chris!!!! how about making Carbon Fiber spoilers for our cars, that would be really coo, or how about making the trunk and spoiler one piece? ok let us know what the prices will be.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I still want a hood with a functional scoop incorporated into it....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
carbon fiber trunk huh??.... a one peice trunk with a spoiler sounds like a good idea..... it can be a track mod......

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

G

·
Gutting your interior will save you more weight than a trunk lid ever will. I don't think the trunk lid would be a good candidate for carbon fiber based on how frequently it is opened and closed.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- AEBS 4-1 Header
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Place Racing CAI (2 weeks and counting)
- Stillen Front Spoiler

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I like the idea of the carbon fiber spoiler. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i would still have to see one to see how hard it would be to get all the hinges and latches and KEY HOLE stuff. it will be a hard piece to do but i could do it. i'll let you guys know in a few monthes cause we are going to be moving our shop to a much larger place. we are so packed right know.

price would be around like 600. just for the complexity of the part. remember there is not just a latch and 4 holes for the hinge bolts but there is also a bend from top to back, and there is a hole for the lock that needs to have inserts put in so you can put your lock in it. plus the inserts so you can hange your plate.

but i'll let you all know about it later.

chris

------------------
IsRSiNTra @ AIM
[email protected]

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
That would look tacky if u have like a white car and u put all that CF on it. my friend has a white prelude with a CF hood on it and everyone at school things he was in an accident and was to cheap to paint his hood, now image what people would think about the trunk being black on a white, car, GHETTO!!!

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, and HID bulbs all around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts