B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying the Joshua Tree carbon fiber trim kit, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like it will become dated within a year or two... Almost looks like something you'd see in some cheezy car from the 80's.

What do you guys think of this trim, and of carbon fiber in general?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Blech. Give me boring (but timeless) black any day.

Even tan leather appointments in Ferraris give me an over-extravagant-80s nausea.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's pretty damn ugly. Don't waste your money. These CF modifications are going a little bit far... not everything has to be made of it to look good! This is one prime example... wood and aluminum dash kits though usually look alright.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Lee said:
i prefer the brushed aluminum myself.
Yeah so do I can't ya tell? :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I 3rd that. I agree that CF looks more 90's and I think aluminum looks like its the new millenium.
Phew....my ex-SiR used to have the CF trim inside......maybe it was a blessing that it was stolen. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Alum dash kit

Anyone know of any other companies selling a brushed aluminum [real or look-alike] dash kit OTHER than joshua tree? I saw a Sentra SE that a dealer had done up with a plastic [metal looking] interior dash kit that had more parts than the joshua tree kit and looked pretty nice.

Thanks

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Down with carbon fiber!! Carbon fiber has been soooo overdone, you might as well call it Honda fiber. You are NOT an individual if you are doing what everyone else in your hobby is doing!!!!!!! Brushed aluminum blends very well with the interior, makes it look better, and seems like it came from the factory that way.
I still say a carbon fiber windshield is on the horizon, for Hondas of course.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
AZ_2K_SE said:
Down with carbon fiber!! Carbon fiber has been soooo overdone, you might as well call it Honda fiber. You are NOT an individual if you are doing what everyone else in your hobby is doing!!!!!!! Brushed aluminum blends very well with the interior, makes it look better, and seems like it came from the factory that way.
I still say a carbon fiber windshield is on the horizon, for Hondas of course.
I already see alot of them driving around with the wiper blades all carbon fibered up......So like you said the wiper arms aren't far behind.....

Speeking of which I was talking to this Honda kid the other day and he had a CF hood,2 front quarters in CF,and wiper blades in CF,,,and his car was yellow so now imagine how that looked.....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts