B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my hood today.. looks great......

Josh.... call them up and ask them when they will have your hood ready.... let me know.... i have to go back so maybe we can meet up there

call them up if you want a hood...... i think it should be 595

760-433-7413

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Did you get a chance to weigh it against the stock one?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Got pics? :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
awww crap....when did they call you when it was done? cause i gave dg my friend's info cause i was gonna get it shipped to his place but he aint ever home. ill be sure to call them up this week for mines. did anybody else in the deal get their hood yet??

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
yes its the DG hood...

no i didnt get to do a comparison.... i think the CF hood is like 15 pounds or something
Sounds like you got it for cosmetic reasons?
I'm sure many of us are interested if it is actually lighter, so if you can get a chance to weigh both the stock and cf one, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey fran, can u try jumping on ur hood too? at hin, fiberimages was jumping on their hoods non stop through out the show, hehe...

my custom cb hood weights around 8-10lbs.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
got my hood today.. looks great......

Josh.... call them up and ask them when they will have your hood ready.... let me know.... i have to go back so maybe we can meet up there

call them up if you want a hood...... i think it should be 595

760-433-7413

its gonna be a long while before i can get that hood seeing as how i just bought a truck. PIcs please

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
never tried jumping on my hood.... really doesnt sound too realistic.....

i mean... for show.... and to get oooohs from everyone i see why you would want to do that.....

but honestly.... would you jump on your brand new hood just to "see" if it will hold up....... i mean.... what happens if it does crack.....

"Hey guys... i want a new hood cuz yours cracked"
"how did it crack?"
"I jumped on it"

sound kinda off the wall doesnt it

im fine.... DG warrants all there hoods so I'll be straight.....

the hood is significantly lighter than the stock.... it might be 2 or 3 times lighter......

was just in a rush... forgot about weight.... but it surely a significant weight loss

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are these carbon fibre hoods body-coloured? If not, are you guys painting them? Also, what is the motivation behind getting a CF hood - looks, weight etc?

G

·
The CF hoods are left in the natural black color for the most part. Sometimes you can have a colored weave put in. They clear coat the hood so that it has a smooth shiny finish.

As for why people do it....it varies. The hoods are lighter than the stock units, which is good. They can look neat, but I think it is just another thing to spend money on. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, thats what I thought. I have the pearl white (Arctic? Cloud white? What the hell is the name of that colour??) and a black CF hood just wouldn't work with a lighter colour. Would look cool on the dark green or black though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SDsr20de858.. plz read

hey dude. did you get the cf hood for a 2000+ sentra? i want one for my 2002.. when it comes out.. where did you get it? i know you said it costs $595.. does this company make them, or did you have it specially made.. do they have a website?? thanks!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Does anyone have any pics yet????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts