B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weirdest thing happened, when I was about to hit post on here I lost my connection cuz a tornado touched down and my cable went out about 10 different times in 15 minutes. Oh well, didn't get too close, touched down near the airport about 6 miles away or so. Didn't come into town from what I hear.
Anyway back to the estimate. Ok, Buck really did a number this time, we didn't think it was that bad! Its almost $6,700 of damage and they estimated a 2-4 week fix on it. Now we get to see if the insurance company thinks thats too high...they won't put generic parts on my baby if I have anything to do with it! To see what the car looks like go to: http://photos.yahoo.com/cdr478s

·
Registered
446 Posts
hmm

well, i got my hood, bumper, both lights, grille replaced and painted for ~1,900. Is there any engine damage that is not shown? Is this estimate being made by the insurance adjustor or another body shop? 6.700 sounds mighty pricey for just that damage....plus the gxe is only what around 13-15k? Sorry to hear about the wreck man...hopefully everything goes ok.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
ouch! doesn't LOOK like that much to fix it. have you gone to different shops to get estimates?

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately Hammer's is the only one in town that seems to get in Nissan parts. I have heard a lot of good things about them, but they are a bit pricey. There was some suspension damage and the frame is going to have to be pulled. The paint is running under $600 but a lot of the parts for the left front and back door a running a bundle. They are replacing the bumper and all associated items like the mounting arms. The hood is also being replaced and we are getting 2 new tires. The car is worth about $15,500 new it has the convenience pkg. Ok what is the air cleaner assembly and why does this cost $162? The left front door shell is costing $402. A lot of different suspension items are costing around $200 a piece.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey Buck's wife....

The car looks really sad but at the least you'll be getting it fixed.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
. Ok what is the air cleaner assembly and why does this cost $162?

Isn't that your stock air intake box, tubing and resonator? If that what it is, for that price, just add $40 and get Place Racing CAI.
That estimate sounds resonable if they have to straighten your frame and suspension work. Can you talk the guy into getting aftermarket product for your suspension?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts